[comp.sys.amiga] DKBTrace etc bits

s71119@zeus.usq.edu.au (wolfe glen) (10/15/90)

Hi Y'all,

I am looking for the bits of David Buck's ray tracing programme that
I haven't got.  Does anyone know where to find :

			DKBData.lzh
			DKBSource.lzh
			DKBPics.lzh

I have DKBTrace.lzh.  FTP sites on the net would be best.

BTW - any comments on this package?

Thanx in advance.

Glen

			-----ooOO|OOoo-----
Glen Wolfe                              Internet or IP: s71119@zeus.usq.edu.au
                                                ACSNet: s71119@zeus.irc.edu.oz
School of Engineering
U.C.S.Q.
Toowoomba Qld
Australia           Ph. (076) 312614	Fax. (076) 312526

			-----ooOO|OOoo-----

--

			-----ooOO|OOoo-----
Glen Wolfe                              Internet or IP: s71119@zeus.usq.edu.au
                                                ACSNet: s71119@zeus.irc.edu.oz

Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Neumann) (10/19/90)

Hi Y'all,
s71119@zeus.usq.edu.au (wolfe glen) writes:

>I am looking for the bits of David Buck's ray tracing programme that
>I haven't got.  Does anyone know where to find :

>			DKBData.lzh
>			DKBSource.lzh
>			DKBPics.lzh

I found them all at alfred.ccs.carleton.ca in /pub/dkbtrace/...although
it's quite a long way to Australia... :)

>BTW - any comments on this package?
When I saw sunset.pic, I thought: 'Well, would even have been a good
picture for painted - but being RAYTRACED!' (Well, you know, I was
amazed 8-))
Further comments: It doesn't seem to work with the RAM: device - that is,
I can trace the picture there, but when using Dump2Iff, I always get
an 'IFF write error' ... this does not occur when using DF0:, however.
Another minor disadvantage: It doesn't seem to be able to create
non-interlaced pictures (I hope I don't say anything wrong here - I
certainly did NOT yet read the manual fully.. 8-])..so, I still just
patch the complete IFF File by changing the ViewModes (I think it's the
ViewModes - the one you find in the CAMG chunk). I take the word
describing the ViewModes, and remove the third bit (value: 4).
(in an EDITOR - *shudder* how ugly! 8))... but it works! :)
That's all I know - more things we should ask the author to improve ?
(What ? Improve it myself ? :))

Bye,
Frank
--
+ Frank Neumann, Hauptstr. 107, 2900 Oldenburg, FRG   The Amiga is it.  +
+ Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de InHouse: amigo@faramir +