[comp.sys.amiga] Rejuvinator board:

brianm (Brian Moffet) (10/17/90)

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

>they won't physically fit. They were designed for us poor old b*st*rds who
>STILL have a 1000 with a lousy 512K of chip RAM. They WILL work with
>Greg Tibbett's (I think that's his name) Rejuvenator board, but things
>will get a little...tight within the 1000's case.

Speaking of this board, (the rejuvinator board) does anyone know
if it will fit in an Amiga 1000 with a CSA Midget Racer
(not the Mega Midget Racer)?

Also, speaking of the Midget Racer, whats involved in upgrading from
the Midget Racer (68020/68881 board, no memory) to a Mega-Midget
Racer from CSA (68020(30?)/68881 board with memory).

thanks

brianm

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (10/19/90)

The Rejuvenator SHOULD fit with most accelerator boards (and also with the
Spirit internal mem expansion). It is actually an entirely new DAUGHTERBOARD,
completely replacing the original (I've seen the installation instructions,
and you have to totally disassemble your aging Amy to get the Rejuve in yo
(oops) to avoid cracking the motherboard. The Rejuve is larger than the
original daughterboard, but it's not taller or anything; Midget Racers,
LUCAS/FRANCES, and, as I said, the Spirit board will all work with it.
                                                --rw
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet