[comp.sys.amiga] Information Society

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu (10/17/90)

Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
sure thats an Amiga 500 seen on the back in the picture of the lead signer.
I saw them in concert and the were setting up what I was sure was a 500 with
the screen facing the audience (it was at a small, on campus club) but they
were having problems securing it, so we didn't get to see it in action.
Anyone know if they use the Ami?  Could the voice in make if Funky be an Ami?

 L8R
HonuS
Electric Dreams!

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) (10/17/90)

In Message-ID: <90289.175113TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu> TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu said:
>Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
>[...]
>Anyone know if they use the Ami?  Could the voice in make if Funky be an Ami?

You mean 'Make It Funky'?  I believe that is an Amiga's speech synthesizer
doing the 'Good Good Good Godding...'

>HonuS
>Electric Dreams!

| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
| COOL DRIVING TECHNIQUE #17: Leave your left turn signal on while driving. |
|    (Right signal may be used, but driving with HAZARDS on is _uncool_.)   |

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/18/90)

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

> Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
> sure thats an Amiga 500 seen on the back in the picture of the lead signer.
> I saw them in concert and the were setting up what I was sure was a 500 with
> the screen facing the audience (it was at a small, on campus club) but they
> were having problems securing it, so we didn't get to see it in action.
> Anyone know if they use the Ami?  Could the voice in make if Funky be an Ami?
>
>  L8R
> HonuS
> Electric Dreams!

Hi HonuS> I've met you on Islandia. I was Joseph_H. Anyway. Information
Society uses Amigas a LOT for their music and videos/

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

crunch@hogbbs.fidonet.org (Crunch) (10/19/90)

<TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:

> Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
> sure thats an Amiga 500 seen on the back in the picture of the lead signer.
> I saw them in concert and the were setting up what I was sure was a 500 with
> the screen facing the audience (it was at a small, on campus club) but they
> were having problems securing it, so we didn't get to see it in action.
> Anyone know if they use the Ami?  Could the voice in make if Funky be an Ami?
>
>  L8R
> HonuS
> Electric Dreams!

That you, Wagner?  Actually... the "Make it FUNkeeeee" could very well be an
Amiga.  I haven't seen the new release yet.  Do you know where it might be
located in S.C.?

----------------------------------------------------------///\----------
Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS (814) 238-9633                ///  \
crunch@hogbbs.fidonet.org                            \\\///----\
(814) 359-2534          What can I say?  I love my    \XX/      \ MIGA

) (10/20/90)

In the inside of the jacket. (in my CD case) in the credits it says:
"Guest vocal on "Make it Funky" by Eliza"

I would assume they are using an Amiga. Also, this is a CD + Graphics. I would
be interested to hear what the graphics are. Perhaps they are also made on the
Amiga.  I don't have access to the proper kind of player.

John Z.
slmhk@cc.usu.edu

"Life is too important to take seriously."

crunch@hogbbs.fidonet.org (Crunch) (10/20/90)

<TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:

> Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
> sure thats an Amiga 500 seen on the back in the picture of the lead signer.

I just picked up Hack, and that most certainly IS an Amiga 500.  If nothing
else, one can identify it by the mouse (but the two LEDs on the left of the
keyboard were also a dead giveaway).

BTW - It's an EXCELLENT album.

----------------------------------------------------------///\----------

avenger@wpi.WPI.EDU (Samuel Joseph Pullara) (10/21/90)

In article <yLHBR1w163w@hogbbs.fidonet.org> crunch@hogbbs.fidonet.org (Crunch) writes:
><TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>
>> Anyone get the new Information Society album that came out today?  I'm pretty
>> sure thats an Amiga 500 seen on the back in the picture of the lead signer.
>
>I just picked up Hack, and that most certainly IS an Amiga 500.  If nothing
>else, one can identify it by the mouse (but the two LEDs on the left of the
>keyboard were also a dead giveaway).
>
>BTW - It's an EXCELLENT album.

>Crunch @ Heart of Gold BBS (814) 238-9633                ///  \
>crunch@hogbbs.fidonet.org                            \\\///----\
>(814) 359-2534          What can I say?  I love my    \XX/      \ MIGA

I was under the impression that my LEDs on my 500 were on the right...

--
| Sam Pullara, Undergraduate Physics     Worcester Polytechnic Institute |