[comp.sys.amiga] Amigatcp

rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) (03/18/88)

If and when comp.sources.amiga comes back i will try to post amigatcp
there. Those lists appear to have gone dormant again. Since i have
almost never successfully sent them a message (at least judging by the
lack of reply) it will take some doing to figure out:
1) how to get it there
2) whether they got it.
--
ron (rminnich@udel.edu)

duncan@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Shan D Duncan) (03/04/89)

I have run across amigatcp while flying around the ftp circuit, however,
the file I saw was just the source code w/o any documentation or executables.
Compressed the source was over 200k (230k actually).  I thought it was in a
holding pattern on swan and kept expecting to see it turn up in
comp.sources.amiga.  This was more than a month ago.  BTW.

beh@caen.engin.umich.edu (Bob Hruska) (03/19/89)

Does anyone know where I can get *Amiga-specific* docs for the KA9Q
package that recently appeared on comp.sources.amiga?

--
Bob Hruska   University of Michigan Computer Aided Engineering Network (CAEN)

INTERNET: beh@caen.engin.umich.edu
    UUCP: {umix|ucbvax|uunet}!caen.engin.umich.edu!beh

rminnich@super.ORG (Ronald G Minnich) (03/21/89)

In article <421b2bcc.1285f@maize.engin.umich.edu> beh@caen.engin.umich.edu (Bob Hruska) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get *Amiga-specific* docs for the KA9Q
>package that recently appeared on comp.sources.amiga?
huh? there aren't any? What is your specific
question, it might be of interest to others on this group.
The only thing that is really amiga-specific is
1) there is no hardware address and/or vector for the serial device
   just use 0 and 0
2) There are two programs that use 'internet.device',
   telnetp (1 char io each way)
   newtelnetp (blocks of chars each way)
any questions email me.
ron

tessier@bmerh178.BNR.CA (Daniel Tessier) (10/11/90)

I got my hands on the source for a package called Amigatcp from
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov. Problem is, there's no documentation...
Not even a ReadMe file!!! Anyways, does anybody know where I can
get some documentation? If not, can anybody e-mail me a summary
of what it does?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Dan Tessier                  PHONE : (613)765-2590               |
| Bell-Northern Research, Ltd. BITNET: tessier@bnr.ca              |
| Ottawa, Ontario, Canada      UUCP  : ...!{uunet,cunews}!bnrgate  |
|                                               !bmerh185!tessier  |
\------------------------------------------------------------------/

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (10/11/90)

In article <4514@bwdls58.UUCP> tessier@bmerh178.BNR.CA (Daniel Tessier) writes:
> I got my hands on the source for a package called Amigatcp from
> abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov. Problem is, there's no documentation...
> Not even a ReadMe file!!! Anyways, does anybody know where I can
> get some documentation? If not, can anybody e-mail me a summary
> of what it does?

You must have retrieved only the sources.  The documentation was
distributed in the binaries postings (and not in the sources
postings).  Anonymous ftp abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov:

Sun  18-Mar-89  01:06:49    46689 usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/comm/amigatcp.uu4.Z
Sun  18-Mar-89  01:05:35    57841 usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/comm/amigatcp.uu3.Z
Sun  18-Mar-89  01:04:24    57285 usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/comm/amigatcp.uu2.Z
Sun  18-Mar-89  01:03:08    56591 usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume89/comm/amigatcp.uu1.Z

	...tad

paul@wa1omm.UUCP (Paul MacDonald) (10/14/90)

>In article <4514@bwdls58.UUCP> tessier@bmerh178.BNR.CA (Daniel Tessier) writes:
>I got my hands on the source for a package called Amigatcp from
>abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov. Problem is, there's no documentation...
>Not even a ReadMe file!!! Anyways, does anybody know where I can
>get some documentation? If not, can anybody e-mail me a summary
>of what it does?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe what you have is the AMIGA TCP/IP (actually NOS) system for
amateur radio packet use. The author is KA9Q. The version you have was
amigatized by Charlie Mamakos <sp>.
--

                                /\  /\
                               //\\//\\

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (10/15/90)

paul@wa1omm.UUCP writes:
> I believe what you have is the AMIGA TCP/IP (actually NOS) system for
> amateur radio packet use. The author is KA9Q. The version you have was
> amigatized by Charlie Mamakos <sp>.

Isn't is Louis Mamakos?  (which I recall from his email address...)

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (10/16/90)

In article <paul.4698@wa1omm.UUCP> paul@wa1omm.UUCP (Paul MacDonald) writes:
>I believe what you have is the AMIGA TCP/IP (actually NOS) system for
>amateur radio packet use. The author is KA9Q. The version you have was
>amigatized by Charlie Mamakos <sp>.

Wow, that's the first time someone has totally screwed up my FIRST
name, and got the last name correct.  I'm Louis Mamakos, WA3YMH, and I
did the Amiga port of Phil Karn's NOS code to the amiga platform.  Its
primary use was intended for Amateur packet radio work, though it does
also support SLIP.

The amgiatcp thing running around is a port of a much earlier version of
Phil's code (circa 1987/88), and is somewhat inferior to the later versions.

You can get the last version that I ported from Sayshell.UMD.EDU via
anonymous FTP.  Please don't ask me to mail it to you as its much too
large, and I just don't have the time to deal with requests for it.
Unfortunatly, the documentation problem hasn't been solved, although
the Amiga port is very similar to the base line IBM MS-DOS version, so
that manual would be quite a bit of help.  Of course, full source is
included which is the last word in documentation..

This will likely be the last release that I'll be making as I'm selling
off all my Amiga hardware to buy a UNIX box for home (a NextStation,
actually).

louie

paul@wa1omm.UUCP (Paul MacDonald) (10/21/90)

>In article <3546@mindlink.UUCP> a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) writes:
>paul@wa1omm.UUCP writes:
>> I believe what you have is the AMIGA TCP/IP (actually NOS) system for
>> amateur radio packet use. The author is KA9Q. The version you have was
>> amigatized by Charlie Mamakos <sp>.
>
>Isn't is Louis Mamakos?  (which I recall from his email address...)

Yep (sorry Louie) ... I get his name confused with Charlie Matco! Gee
... saw a movie the other night with a Peter Mamakos. Wonder if there is
a relationship there?
--

                                /\  /\
                               //\\//\\