[comp.sys.amiga] A2091 - Where can I get one?

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (10/19/90)

Alright, I've had what I thought confirmed by Dave Haynie  and  a
few  other  people on the net, and I'm going to buy an A2091 hard
drive controller.  Now the only problem is: WHERE DO I GET ONE???
My  dealer  in town has never even heard of them (good thing too,
considering they want $399 for a 2090a) and I've never  seen  one
advertised  by  any of the mail order companies.  Is there a good
mail order source for these?  Can I buy one directly from  Commo-
dore (I know, expensive)?

* Tom Hayko                    * only the Amiga         /// *
* tjhayko@thunder.lakeheadu.ca * (Commodore is starting///  *
*                              *    to know that)  \\\///   *
*                              * and it's about time\XX/    *

QUIT

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA writes:

>Alright, I've had what I thought confirmed by Dave Haynie  and  a
>few  other  people on the net, and I'm going to buy an A2091 hard
>drive controller.  Now the only problem is: WHERE DO I GET ONE???
>My  dealer  in town has never even heard of them (good thing too,
>considering they want $399 for a 2090a) and I've never  seen  one
>advertised  by  any of the mail order companies.  Is there a good
>mail order source for these?  Can I buy one directly from  Commo-
>dore (I know, expensive)?

Similar complaint.  My dealer has software packages by the hundreds,
and at least knows what an A2091 is, but doesn't have one in stock
and seemed supremely uninterested in ordering one in.  It would be
nice to find one with a little less hefty markup.  Where did the
folks that have one get theirs?
                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?