[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga users at U of M

duck@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) (10/18/90)

***************************** Anouncement *************************************

This is a call to all those (current) U of M people who own an Amiga,
is currently enrolled or is staff, and reads :-) csa.

I have for sometime now made a note of people who own Amigas, and
I am wondering how many of "us" exist here at UM. I would like
to tabluate a list of people who are here and are still keen on the
Amiga.

Please email me a short blurp with your login name and machine type.

The following are exempt: gilgalad, chymes, jinx, tunnerj, igor and baronz
since I already have them on my list.

						Thanks!
  						Howard Ho

*									      *
*	Name:      Ho Han Chyi Howard                      ********           *
*	Address:   1309 S. University Apt #1              *** *******         *
*	           Ann Arbor, MI 48104                   ***     *****        *
*	Telephone: local       (313)996-1875             (|  o   o  |)        *
*	           remote      0-11-65-253-2503           |    ^    |         *
*	           (Singpore.Equator.SE-Asia.World)        \   _   /          *
*	email:     duck@caen.engin.umich.edu                 \   /            *
*	                                                      ---             *
* 									      *

alberti@cs.umn.edu (Albatross) (10/18/90)

duck@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) writes:
>This is a call to all those (current) U of M people who own an Amiga,
>is currently enrolled or is staff, and reads :-) csa.

>*	           Ann Arbor, MI 48104                   ***     *****        *

Ah, not the U of M(innesota), the U of M(ichigan).  Anyone from the U of
M(i)n(nesota) who wish to compile a similar list are welcome to write to
me here.
Bob Alberti  Micro and Wkstn Networks Ctr, U of MN        ///   aka:  Albatross
UUCP:        nic.MR.NET!boombox.micro.UMN.EDU!alberti    /// Images at Twilight
INET:        alberti@boombox.micro.UMN.EDU           \\\///      (612) 884-7951
Disclaimer:  My employer does not mean what I say.    \XX/
Ingredients: 30% header, 30% quote, 10% content, 30% cutesy signature.

snovell@wam.umd.edu (Scott J. Novell) (10/19/90)

In article <1990Oct18.135438.10261@cs.umn.edu> alberti@cs.umn.edu (Albatross) writes:
>>This is a call to all those (current) U of M people who own an Amiga,
>Ah, not the U of M(innesota), the U of M(ichigan).  Anyone from the U of
>M(i)n(nesota) who wish to compile a similar list are welcome to write to
>me here.

Ditto for people from U of M(aryland)..write me at

figment@bagend.eng.umd.edu
snovell@cscwam.umd.edu (account to be deleted soon)

duck@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ho Han Chyi Howard) (10/19/90)

HUH?!!!?

In article <1990Oct18.194021.24385@wam.umd.edu>, snovell@wam.umd.edu
(Scott J. Novell) writes:
|> >Ah, not the U of M(innesota), the U of M(ichigan).  Anyone from the U of
|> >M(i)n(nesota) who wish to compile a similar list are welcome to write to
|> >me here.
|>
|> Ditto for people from U of M(aryland)..write me at
|>
|> figment@bagend.eng.umd.edu
|> snovell@cscwam.umd.edu (account to be deleted soon)

Okay guys,

	What's the deal here?

	I start asking people at U of Michigan to mail me and all you
fakes start emulating my post? 8-)

	Actually this is a good idea, and all regions should start
something like this.

	By the way, for those who have emailed me their blurp of info,
I'll email you the latest list of users here at U of M (The real M!)
I'll be busy lately and this might be a while more. However keep those
emails coming.

							Thanks,
   							Howard Ho

*                                                                             *
*       Name:      Ho Han Chyi Howard                     ********            *
*       Address:   1309 S. University Apt #1             *** *******          *
*                  Ann Arbor, MI 48104                  ***     *****         *
*       Telephone: local       (313)996-1875            (|  o   o  |)         *
*                  remote      0-11-65-253-2503          |    ^    |          *
*                  (Singpore.Equator.SE-Asia.World)       \   _   /           *
*       eMail:     duck@caen.engin.umich.edu                \   /             *
*                  6VBN@ub.cc.umich.edu                      ---              *
*                                                                             *

jc@cel.co.uk (jerry cullingford) (10/22/90)

Just a gentle reminder :-)

Could people doing "everybody at U of X please mail me" messages please
remember to use the distribution field to cut down where it gets sent to.

Unlikely as it seems :-) people in the rest of the world are not going to be
particularly interested in this sort of thing. Use the distribution field to
limit how far this junk spreads, or (better) use a site-local newsgroup
instead. Lets save global bandwidth for things everyone's interested in!
Remember that some sites have to pay (one way or another) for news...

-Jerry	jc@cel.co.uk 	#include <std.disclaimer>     keep .sigs short!