[comp.sys.amiga] SAS and Cygnus Ed

ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) (10/19/90)

Okay.  So I have Lattice 5.1 now.  And I have Cygnus Ed professional
release 2 as well.  And both are on speaking terms if you let their
common aquaintance AREXX be an intermediary.

Thus, I pose the following: is there some way to hook up CED to Lattice
via AREXX so as to let CED do the things that LSE does?  (I.e. internal
compilations, auto jump to erroneous lines, etc.)

Compiling minds want to know.

mgs

DSK@IBM.COM ("Doug Keller") (10/23/90)

ms0p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Gordon Shapiro) writes:
>Okay.  So I have Lattice 5.1 now.  And I have Cygnus Ed professional
>release 2 as well.  And both are on speaking terms if you let their
>common aquaintance AREXX be an intermediary.
>
>Thus, I pose the following: is there some way to hook up CED to Lattice
>via AREXX so as to let CED do the things that LSE does?  (I.e. internal
>compilations, auto jump to erroneous lines, etc.)

I am working an a program right now.  If you use the -E option with
LC it will send a message to a port called Lse if it gets an error.
My program opens a port called Lse, when it gets a message from lc
it converts it to a message that CED will understand and sends it
to CED.  I am just about done it, I should be done it sometime this
week.  You will probably see it first on BIX.

doug
dsk@ibm.com