[comp.sys.amiga] C64 Emulator

philip@dalcsug.UUCP (03/26/87)

In article <1575@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <3269@udenva.UUCP> pbrody@udenva.UUCP (Paul Brody ) writes:
>>Second, when will a C64 emulator for the Amiga be availble ?
>
>As far as I know, Commodore has made no commitment to such a product.  In *my*
>opinion, it is not possible to do an effective software emulation and a hybrid
>hardware/software implementation might cost more than a C64!.

I have been toying with the idea of a C64 emulator, I already have a 6502
emulator working on the amiga (well, almost anyway) but the best possible
performance I have been able to estimate is about 50% of a 1 MHZ 6502.
And this is without any C64 particular emulation,  I agree with George
that a totally software driven emulator is impossible, and I don't have
the hardware smarts to build a hybrid emulator.  However, if anyone has
any suggestions on how such a beast would operate, I would be glad to hear
them!

BTW, I tip my hat to simile research (makers of transformer) it is truly
an impressive piece of software, It is still not fast enough, but it is
still pretty fast considering what it does.

Look ma!  No disclaimers!

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) (10/23/90)

I recently downloaded a c64.lzh file and found that one of the fonts
seems to be corrupted somehow.  Forgot where I ftp'd it from.  Can
someone tell me of an ftp site with a non corrupt version of c64 emulator?

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=That is not dead which may eternal lie-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no