[comp.sys.amiga] GNU Emacs help request

bheil@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Heil) (10/18/90)

Hi guys,
  Can anybody give me help with GNU Emacs and VLT?  I run VLT in interlaced/
custom screen with 43 lines and when I exit emacs I get reset to 24 lines.  Can
I start emacs and tell it I want 43 lines.  I'd really like to have 43 lines to
edit with (I'm spoiled by VLT!  Can't stand using terms with 24 lines anymore).

  Also I got no Lisp knowledge, from the sound of things I can use Lisp to do
things like remap invoking help to the help key and making my backspace a real
backspace key again.  The backspace, delete keys get swapped from the normal
csh functions when I go into emacs... it annoys me.

   I'd be very much appreciative if anybody can help me.  And I know there is
a GNU Emacs newsgroup, I just wanted to post something to c.s.a other than

   'Oh no the Amiga is doooooooooomed because the new Macs are out, boo hoo.'

As a former vice presidential candidate once said about the Mac...
  'I know Amigas... and your no Amiga.'
or maybe it was something else? ;)