[comp.sys.amiga] Best Amiga Game

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (10/16/90)

I agree; (except for POPULOUS) SIM CITY is the *best* Amiga game ever.
I'll look out for the book, too!
                                                --rw
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

tope@imdpy1.im.se (Torbj|rn Pettersson IMD) (10/17/90)

In article <33569@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>   I agree; (except for POPULOUS) SIM CITY is the *best* Amiga game ever.
>   I'll look out for the book, too!
>						   --rw
>						   fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

Are you serious?
Have you tried a tax-rate of 0 all the year round exept for December?
Everyone is happy, and you get lots of money.
I've heard that this "feature" also appears in Dragonbreath,
but I've never played that game.

-----
Torbj|rn Pettersson			Tel	08 - 676 51 70
Industri Matematik Data AB		Email	tope@imdpy1.im.se
Kungsgatan 8					..!sunic!imtws3!imdpy1!tope
111 43 Stockholm
--
-----

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/22/90)

>In article <TOPE.90Oct17093101@imdpy1.im.se> tope@imdpy1.im.se (Torbj|rn Pettersson IMD) writes:
>In article <33569@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>>   I agree; (except for POPULOUS) SIM CITY is the *best* Amiga game ever.
>>   I'll look out for the book, too!
>>                                                 --rw
>>                                                 fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
>
>Are you serious?
>Have you tried a tax-rate of 0 all the year round exept for December?
>Everyone is happy, and you get lots of money.
>I've heard that this "feature" also appears in Dragonbreath,
>but I've never played that game.

Sure, you can do that. However, some folks like to see how well they
can do without cheating.

Thats what is neat about the program, there is no real "winning". YOU get
to decide wether your city is "successfull" or not. If I were to cheat,
it would take all of the challenge out of it.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (10/23/90)

Thanks for the reply for SIM CITY. I (almost) never use the cheat--it's
MUCH more fun to let it be a challenge. I can hardly wait for SIM EARTH...
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

perley@caesar (Donald P Perley) (10/24/90)

In article <david.11770@starsoft.UUCP>, david@starsoft (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>>In article <TOPE.90Oct17093101@imdpy1.im.se> tope@imdpy1.im.se (Torbj|rn Pettersson IMD) writes:

>>Are you serious?
>>Have you tried a tax-rate of 0 all the year round exept for December?
>>Everyone is happy, and you get lots of money.
>>I've heard that this "feature" also appears in Dragonbreath,
>>but I've never played that game.

>Sure, you can do that. However, some folks like to see how well they
>can do without cheating.

Actually, that just adds to the realism.  In real life the
tax-raise-in-december syndrome is called a "lame duck session"
It is done for much the same reason.

-don perley

perley@trub.crd.ge.com