[comp.sys.amiga] MatLab

paolucci@snll-arpagw.UUCP (Sam Paolucci) (12/03/88)

Since many people requested that I either email them or have posted
the version of Matlab that I have, I have decided to sent it to
Bob Page so it can be posted for everyone's benefit.  The distribution
includes sources, binaries (for 68000 and 68020/68881), documentation,
and necessary stuff to get online help.  Knowing the good job that
Bob is doing, you should be seeing it pretty soon.

--
					-+= SAM =+-
"the best things in life are free"

				ARPA: paolucci@snll-arpagw.llnl.gov

mapjilg@bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (02/16/90)

Could some kind soul please POST me a uuencoded version of matlab. I've
tried ftp'ing it from a few sources but every time I do the necessary
zooing I get a bad crc message. Getting all 9 parts back is a lengthy
and boring experience, so if you've got it and it works.....
	Cheers,

--
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #

enander@lne.kth.se (02/25/90)

Hello Amigos!

I have a question about a program called MATLAB. It's a very useful program
if you are studying math. I knew that it is aviable to PC and MAC, but is
there a Amiga version ?

Please send me information about this !!!

         /Lars Enander

mnelson@vmsa.oac.uci.edu (02/28/90)

In article <43.25e8087a@lne.kth.se>, enander@lne.kth.se writes...

>Hello Amigos!
>
>I have a question about a program called MATLAB. It's a very useful program
>if you are studying math. I knew that it is aviable to PC and MAC, but is
>there a Amiga version ?
>
>Please send me information about this !!!
>
>         /Lars Enander

	Matlab is available on Fish 267, which can be had via anonymous
ftp from mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (128.174.73.105).

  Matt Nelson                   decnet:     psroot::nelson
  Physics Department            internet:   nelson@psroot.ps.uci.edu
  University of California      bitnet:     mnelson@uci
  Irvine, California  92717     ma bell:    (714) 856-6496

emcalc@sugar.hackercorp.com (William M. Schmidt) (02/28/90)

In article <43.25e8087a@lne.kth.se>, enander@lne.kth.se writes:

..... Stuff about how nice Matlab is ...
> if you are studying math. I knew that it is aviable to PC and MAC, but is
> there a Amiga version ?
>
>          /Lars Enander

Yep, there's a nice amiga version available. I pulled mine off
of BIX. There's about a Meg of code in the package which also
includes a plotting program. I'd prefer you try to get it from
there, but if that won't work I'd be glad to try to send a copy
to you myself.

--
Bill Schmidt                 |
Texas Accelerator Center     | "Eagles may soar, but a worm never

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (03/02/90)

> In article <43.25e8087a@lne.kth.se>, enander@lne.kth.se writes...
> >
> >I have a question about a program called MATLAB. It's a very useful program
> >if you are studying math. I knew that it is aviable to PC and MAC, but is
> >there a Amiga version ?
> >
> 	Matlab is available on Fish 267, which can be had via anonymous
> ftp from mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (128.174.73.105).

How is Matlab for learning Calculus? Any other sugestions for learning tools?

					      Thanks,

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh

rumford@afitamy.fidonet.org (Don Rumford) (03/03/90)

> In article <43.25e8087a@lne.kth.se>, enander@lne.kth.se
> writes...

>>Hello Amigos!
>>
>>I have a question about a program called MATLAB. It's a
> very useful program
>>if you are studying math. I knew that it is aviable to PC
> and MAC, but is
>>there a Amiga version ?
>>
>>Please send me information about this !!!
>>
>>         /Lars Enander

> Matlab is available on Fish 267, which can be had
> via anonymous
> ftp from mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (128.174.73.105).

Hi,
     Jim Locker, author of the MatLab port to the Amiga, is available on a daily basis for answering questions about MatLab, Amiga programming in general and in particular Fortran/Workbench interfaceing.  He can be reached here at afitamy.fidonet.org.

                                                            -Don-

--

Don Rumford - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
UUCP: uunet!dayvb!afitamy!rumford

Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Priestle) (03/04/90)

MatLab was converted to the amiga by Jim Locker at this node.  He submitted it
to Fred Fish and is on 267.  I believe his adress is afitamy!jim.locker.
-jim-

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway   |Jim Priestle - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio       |UUCP: uunet!dayvb!afitamy!Jim.Priestle
        (513)-252-7681           |ARPA: Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org

deh@ndmath.UUCP (David Hurtubise) (04/09/90)

     I put together the 17 files for MatLab which came in comp.sys.amiga.
binaries this last weekend without any problem and created a zoo file.
However, when I try to unzoo the file it gets stuck on PLOT.SUB.  Has anyone
else had this problem, and is there a fix?

David E. Hurtubise
Math Department
University of Notre Dame
deh@cartan.ndmath.math.nd.edu

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (04/09/90)

In article <1694@ndmath.UUCP> deh@ndmath.UUCP (David Hurtubise) writes:
>     I put together the 17 files for MatLab which came in comp.sys.amiga.
>binaries this last weekend without any problem and created a zoo file.
>However, when I try to unzoo the file it gets stuck on PLOT.SUB.  Has anyone
>else had this problem, and is there a fix?

I had the same problem.  The culprit is a corrupt ZOO file.  I know the work
load for the moderator is amazing, but I wish it was checked before posting so
I could have avoided the hassle of assembling a 17-part archive, downloading
it, and finding out it was bad in the 1st place.  Oh, well.  Enough steam let
off for now.
--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "Hey, baby - wanna do some HEAT TRANSFER?           |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  Heh, heh, heh!"                                    |

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (04/09/90)

In article <1876.2620b841@csc.anu.oz> myb100@csc.anu.oz writes:
> The symptoms of this problem are: No problems uudecoding...

If you use one of the newer versions of uudecode that uses the info at
the end of the file, it should detect joined lined.  I'd suggest
getting the one from xanth, but I've been informed that the zoo got
trashed, so I need to find the original message (if you've seen how
large my personal archives are, you'd know how painful that can be).

Check a local BBS for ``uucode.zoo''...

	...tad

myb100@csc.anu.oz (04/09/90)

In article <11203@wpi.wpi.edu>, jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
> In article <1694@ndmath.UUCP> deh@ndmath.UUCP (David Hurtubise) writes:
>>     I put together the 17 files for MatLab which came in comp.sys.amiga.
>>binaries this last weekend without any problem and created a zoo file.
>>However, when I try to unzoo the file it gets stuck on PLOT.SUB.  Has anyone
>>else had this problem, and is there a fix?
>
> I had the same problem.  The culprit is a corrupt ZOO file.  I know the work
> load for the moderator is amazing, but I wish it was checked before posting so
> I could have avoided the hassle of assembling a 17-part archive, downloading
> it, and finding out it was bad in the 1st place.  Oh, well.  Enough steam let
> off for now.
> --

A small suggestion, which may save you/tad some scalding: I've found a few
times that there is an extra and/or missing LF in one of the files. It
manifests itself as a line which is longer/shorter than the usual 60, i.e.

M.........  [...]         ........
M.........  [...]         ........
M.........  [...]         ........M....
....   [...]    ......
M.........  [...]         ........

etc.

It's quite easy to spot if you just scroll the file on your screen, which is
how I transfer the files from the network to my machine (ascii capture).

The symptoms of this problem are: No problems uudecoding (since the length is
right) but a corrupt zoo file at one point in the archive. Sounds like
this is what you have.

Note that this is a function of the path to your site. I've had corrupt files
while others haven't, and vice-versa, as in this case: I had no problems
with matlab.

This has come up before; a Frequently Asked Question perhaps ?

BTW Compliments to Tad for a great job. Keep it up !

> | jdutka@wpi.bitnet    |     -Mechanical Engineers On The Prowl              |
> | John Dutka  _________|_____________________________________________________|

Markus Buchhorn
Mt Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories, Canberra, Australia
markus@mso.anu.oz.au

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) (10/24/90)

Hi,

	Is there a WORKING version of Matlab somewhere around the net?
I tried the ones in the Fish Library AND the ones posted to
comp.binaries.amiga (or was it comp.sources.amiga?)  At any rate,
everytime I try to plot something with those programs, I dont get
anything, and I sometimes get a GURU.  (I DID set the stack to 128000
before running Matlab as the manual suggested)

Either I am doing something wrong or that version of matlab is broken.
Does anybody knows of a working version or "cookbook" instructions on
how to install matlab?

Thanks in advance.
(No .signature yet)

amiga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Paul) (10/24/90)

The Matlab I use plots on a different scree Just flip screens untill
you find it.

I work for myself so my thoughts are mearly my own.    # Owner of an   #