[comp.sys.amiga] X-windows for the Amiga

gohel@screamer.csee.usf.edu (Himanshu Gohel) (10/24/90)

>>There has been some talk about X-windows or an X-windows envrionment
>>for the amiga as of late, but it seems as though I missed some of
>>the postings.  Could someone please fill me in?  *IS* X-windows available
>>for a non-unix amiga?  Is it public domain?  Where can I get it? If
>>not public domain, how much?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>J Parker

<<From: quimbyjs@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Jeff Quimby)
<<
<<Hey!  Can Amiga support X windows?  If so, where can I get it?
<<
<<                                               -Jeff

SIGGRAPH '90:

------Beginning of quoted text------

		X WINDOW SYSTEM(tm)
               Programmer's Toolkit
	       Version 11 Release 4
	     for the Amiga(r) Computer
	   Preliminary Product Description
	   -------------------------------

  THE X WINDOW SYSTEM PROGRAMMER'S TOOLKIT is an implementation of the Version
11 X Window System client programming interface from the MIT X Window
Consortium.  [blah, blah]
  THE PROGRAMMER'S TOOLLKIT consists of the MIT XLIB INTERFACE LIBRARIES
including the higher level MIT X INTRINSIC LIBRARY adapted to compile native
Amiga clients using the Lattice(tm) 5.0 C Compiler.  Clients developed with
this system on the Amiga communicate with the "X11 for the Amiga" local server
or with other X-Window host servers through networking interfaces available
for the Amiga.

		PROGRAMMER'S TOOLKIT CAPABILITIES
		---------------------------------

Standard Libraries: Xlib,Xt,Xaw,Xmu,BSD socket library,X11 include
                    files,Miscellaneous UNIX functions library,Xau.

[blah, blah]

		RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS
		---------------------
Mass storage: Complete system requires 4Megs of hard disk or NFS partition
RAM: 3Megs of RAM are required for client development, more if server runs
     concurrently.

Availability: Sep 1, 1990

GfxBase
1881 Ellwell Dr. Milpitas, CA 95035
Tel (408) 262-1469  Usenet: boing!dale Bix: duck

------End of qouted text------

P.S. I don't get kick-backs from GfxBase!

 Himanshu J. Gohel | gohel@sol.csee.usf.edu   |  Where can I buy a .signature
 USF #3140, Tampa  | gohel@sunrise.ec.usf.edu |  for cheap?
 FL 33620-3140     |                          |