[comp.sys.amiga] DNET Part IV

In <15030@brahms.udel.edu>, jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:

>1) Why must I stack 50000 before I run dnet? Or the guru comes to call.
>How can I fix this? ie: memory 'aint a problem, I have 5 megs,
>but, to me, the extra keystrokes are DAMN annoying.

Use a script. Within the script, use the stack command to set stack=50000, run
DNet, then stack=<whatever value you normally use>.

>3) If I have more than one FTERM running, and I want to
>get or put a file ... how do I tell putfiles and getfiles
>which fterm it is? It is phychic? I dont think so.

Does it even use an FTerm? I know I never worried about it. I have used a
couple of interactive windows and had get/putfiles running without
interference.

> 7) Who thinks Dillon and Khalid Aldiorsi should get in a room
>together and program till their eyes fall out?

I'll go along with that, and will pass on the sentiment to Khalid. His eyes are
already about to fall out, I think, but the synergy could be awesom.

> 8) who would win?

The users.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/23/90)

Well, the people who told me (again and again) to
use zoo e// dnet *WERE* correct.

It split the unix and amiga sides great.

I uploaded them, compliled it, and whamo. It
worked. (acutally, not at first.)

I got a post (mail) from someone (sorry, dude!)
who solved all my troubles. The command to start
DNET on the Amiga's side is:

1> run dnet -P0 -Z0 -m -X -8

On Unix:

%dnet -m0

Now, I don't know why this works, or really care - the only thing is - *IT WORKS!!*

Ok ok ok.... So, for all those who wanted to know.. there ya go.

Now: Some questions, (and (hopefully) answers)

1) Why must I stack 50000 before I run dnet? Or the guru comes to call.
How can I fix this? ie: memory 'aint a problem, I have 5 megs,
but, to me, the extra keystrokes are DAMN annoying.

2) I want a shell-startup alias to do the above amiga run command.
like : alias dnet -P0 -Z0..etc GOdNET. I'm uncussessful. Help.

3) If I have more than one FTERM running, and I want to
get or put a file ... how do I tell putfiles and getfiles
which fterm it is? It is phychic? I dont think so.

4) I want serious vt100 emultion. And hell, it's not even 80 cols.
What can be done about this? Ie: Perfect bliss would be letting me
use my itsy bitsy teenie weenie term program called TERMINAL.
It's small, and has perfecto vt100 elumation. Get the picture? Good.

5) I have three separate accounts on three separate mainframes.
   a. brahms (which many of you know) b. freezer (my newest and
						     the one
						     I should
						     be contacted at!)
 and c. Vax1

 The DNET is installed on Freezer. If I have a file on Brahms
 I want to download (or upload or whatever) how will fterm
 know I want to put the file there, and not on the Freezer account?

 6) A one window Dnet is fast. But, a one window Dnet kinda defeats
 the purpose of DET, no don't it?  How (other than an HST) can I
 get my DNET running faster? I'm sure there's a way. Actually,
 if Dillon wrote it, it can't get any faster, rite? :)

 7) Who thinks Dillon and Khalid Aldiorsi should get in a room
together and program till their eyes fall out?

 8) who would win?

 9) Why do I always post 43 in the keywords? (Potentially important trivial
 persuit question, here!)

10) Notice how nice it is having exactly 10 questions?

Ps: A special thanks to Tad Guy, a ritchous dude, who, definately
deserves thanks. (if not serious $$) :)

Who can ANSWER ME? (oops 11 questions, damn.)

-l8r

E Pluribus//  Ok.. Contacts, right: ***NEW ADDRESS** **NEW ADDRESS**
  UNIX   //        Primary NET    : jeremy@freezer.it.udel.edu <jeremy>
        //         Secondary NET  : jeremym@brahms.udel.edu  <jeremym>
    \\ //          Third-i-ary    : jeremy@vax1.udel.edu       <jeremy>
     \X/  Amiga's rule, but then again, who doesn't really know this??
        --->     Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.     <---

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (10/24/90)

In article <2152@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>In <15030@brahms.udel.edu>, jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>>

>> 7) Who thinks Dillon and Khalid Aldiorsi should get in a room
>>together and program till their eyes fall out?
>
>I'll go along with that, and will pass on the sentiment to Khalid. His eyes
 are
>already about to fall out, I think, but the synergy could be awesom.

This is a GREAT point.  DNet and ScripIt together?  Has anybody seen Timbuktu
on the Mac?  Now that C= is taking a fighting stance on networking, I think
this kind of program is a *necessity*.

>> 8) who would win?
>
>The users.

They damn well would.

>-larry

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 |     ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Consultant
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow... bleeding ulcers. | with a computer I LIKE"