[comp.sys.amiga] FlickerFixer

miner@dino.cpe.ulowell.edu (Rich Miner) (01/25/88)

>In article <39214@sun.uucp>, cmcmanis%pepper@Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) writes:
>> At COMDEX Microway showed a gadget called "Flicker Fixer" that plugged into
>> the Video slot of and Amiga 2000 (American version) and deinterlaced the
>> video going out. They were mumbling $1000 for board (or was it board and
>> monitor?).

The price for Flicker Fixer will be in the $500-$600 price range, plus
it requires a multi-scan monitor.   I am a beta-tester for Micro-Way and
have been more then pleased with the product.  Since I received it a
month ago it has been performing flawlessly.  I am using it with a
Mitsubishi Multi-Scan monitor and the display is beautiful.   HiRes
interlaced work-bench, applications, and images are crystal clear, have
no visible spaces between scan lines, and are completely flicker-free.
It even helps the appearance of non-interlaced displays as it removed
the gaps between scan lines.

Flicker Fixer uses the full 12-bits of RGB available on the A2000 and can
therefore display all 4096 colors simultaneously.  There are no software
modifications required as it is purely a passive processes - grabbing the
outgoing video.   Flicker Fixer was designed to work with all multi-sync /
multi-scan type monitors, including PS/2 VGA compatible monitors.  It is
not yet available, they are currently going for FCC testing and will start
production once they get FCC approval.

I do _not_ represent MicroWay, I _am_ friends with the developer.
--
Rich miner@ulowell.edu  617/452-5000x2693  ULowell CPE Imaging Research Lab

harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (02/06/88)

	It's here. Kind of.

	I just got off the phone with Micro Way. They said their bracket (On
the back of the A200) failed FCC approval (Excessive radiation, Class B).
They are in the process of resubmiting a second mechanical design.

	However, they are shipping to dealers and businesses (Class B approval
not needed). Delivery in less than or about 2 weeks plus shipping time.
Price is $605.00 UPS ground, no tax to California (to me, yes I put my order
in). They assured me 8^) that this design will be approved. They also said
that it probably was a smart move to order now (Ha!). They mentioned that
a single dealer in Rochester alone ordered 400. They are in the process of
telling all their dealers to start ordering, to get in the queue. This
company is not that big, and they expect demand to outstrip supply.

	Well that's from the horses mouth.

	Also, the flicker fixer uses a 9 pin connector (DB9?). This means a
new cable for all you owners of Multi-whatever scan monitors need a new
cable, or modify your existing one. They said Redmond Cable has the
pinout information, and are refering all customers to them.

	I can't wait!

	I'll let you all know when it arrives, and how it works out.

--
Work: Computer Consoles Inc. (CCI), Advanced Development Group (ADG)
      Irvine, CA (RISCy business! Home of Regulus and hamiga)

miner@dino.cpe.ulowell.edu (Rich Miner) (02/08/88)

In article <1868@leo.UUCP> harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) writes:
>... the flicker fixer uses a 9 pin connector (DB9?). This means a
>new cable for all you owners of Multi-whatever scan monitors need a new
>cable, or modify your existing one. They said Redmond Cable has the
>pinout information, and are refering all customers to them.

The cable will need a male DB9 on the Flicker Fixer end with the pinout:
       Pin  Signal
       ---  ------
	1   Red	   0.7 Volt into 75 Ohm
	2   Green  0.7 Volt into 75 Ohm
	3   Blue   0.7 Volt into 75 Ohm
	4   Horizontal Sync - Negative going TTL
	5   Vertical Sync - Negative going TTL
	6-9 Ground

This is the configuration on the beta-boards, I have been told it is frozen.
--
Rich miner@ulowell.edu  617/452-5000x2693  ULowell CPE Imaging Research Lab

harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (03/29/88)

	Just my opinion, beware!

	I like it, but a 13 inch monitor just doesn't cut it. A 20 inch monitor
would be more like it. Just too much resolution (Interlace mode) and not
enough screen size.
	Speaking of which, my screen is bit smaller now. Why? Well the higher
scan rate does tend to make the screen less wide. Then when I adjusted for
a perfect circle using DpaintII, the screen became less tall. I'm talking
about 12 inches diagonally on a Mitsubishi Monitor. It's a big scrunch from
working in non-interlace mode.
	Non-interlace mode looks, well "blocky" as far characters are concerned.

	Somebody mentioned a while back that the "ultimate display bar none" was
interlace using dropcloth, dropshadow, and morerows.

	It does look fantastic, but this setup is not without problems.

	1) Morerows is a must, unfortunately this breaks a few programs.
	   Notably Sclupt3d (sob), VideoTitler Vseg, boing demos, etc.

	   Overscan hasn't been handled well yet. This is a nasty test.
	   I know, I know, it's not supported.

	2) DropShadow is very impressive, but the version I have from the net
	   sends some blasted diagnostic message to the serial port whenever
	   the right mouse button is pressed. Needless to say, this renders
	   any program using the serial port useless.

	   The second problem is, Intution gets very hard pressed to try to
	   "rethink" this type of display. When you start to have a lot of
	   workbench windows present, the refresh time becomes unbearable,
	   and your mouse even locks up in the process. (It comes back)

	   Not enough CPU! A shame, because this is a very NICE display!
	   Certainly the best I have ever seen on any Workstation!

	   I can live with the slow refresh, the display has such a 3
	   dimensional feel to it, you wan't to touch the screen of the
	   monitor to make sure!

	Another thing I noticed is, from the 8088 bridgecard scrolling,
	is the same problem seems to exist in hi-res interlace mode.
	When the screen scrolls, in scrolls in halves horizontally. (barely
	noticable as opposed to the bridge card scrolling vertically in bursts)

	The other problem is when you have multi-color text scrolling.
	Say for example you have text from the Manx ls command which shows
	directories in another pen color. When the display scrolls, it appears
	the bit planes are out of sync, and you see an orange/white flicker
	as it scrolls by.

	Well I'm not trying to be a mean and nasty, I'm just trying to point out
	a few problems that exist in this setup. That's what I get for pushing
	the envelope. But, I feel this is all fixable. That's all. I thought
	I'd let you all know.

--

john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) (03/31/88)

In article <2907@leo.UUCP> harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) writes:

>	Somebody mentioned a while back that the "ultimate display bar none" was
>interlace using dropcloth, dropshadow, and morerows.
		 ^^^^^^^^^
I personally prefer a program I wrote which uses dual-playfield mode, so
that you can display a picture in 1 or 2 bitplanes on your Workbench *without*
losing either your original WB colours or the colours in the picture; except
for the "shared" background colour, and there is a switch for selecting either
the one from the IFF file or the original screen background colour.

It handles different resolutions for WB and picture OK.

It does result in an overall performance hit due to the 3 or 4 planes in
med-res being displayed; I haven't seen it going with expansion mem so I
don't know if it's always a problem. It's less noticeable with 1 bitplane
anyway.

If anyone is interested in it, please drop me a note. (It has been submitted
to the moderators but in a very early form, and all later versions haven't
seemed to get there.)

John

PS Oh yes, it doesn't work with DropShadow :-(.

In article <9138@agate.BERKELEY.EDU| doug@eris.UUCP (Doug Merritt) writes:
|but please note that all of us involved in these long term discussion
|are now more or less in agreement about the basic issue (Bryan, Hedley,
|Eric Cotton, Michael Farren, Harald and me, I think is the list of
|people). I also heard a rumor that Tom Rokicki is up to speed on the
|subject, although he hasn't been posting. So anyone who still doesn't
|see why there's any problem with fF could ask for a summary of the
|consensus of opinion from any of us via *email*.

Did anyone of the aforementioned people talk to the people at MicroWay
and explained the problems (and possible solutions)? Since they are the
ONLY ones with a fF, if you don't tell them, who are you going to tell?
By the way, MicroWay's tel. no. is (617)746-7341.

-- Marco
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
 "There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Diga!" -- Leo Schwab [quoting Rick Unland]

jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) (10/16/89)

Hello,
       I am considering buying a Flicker Fixer (MicroWay.)  I would like to
get some first hand reports from the folks that have been using it for at
least six months.  How reliable is it?  Any problems?  What multisync should
I get to work with it?  Any other comments/suggestions?

     I have been considering getting the Sony Multiscan 1304 for use with the
Flicker Fixer (and for future higher resolution displays.)  However, I have
read that it won't work on an Amiga without a Flicker Fixer.  Is anyone out
there using one?  Is it a good monitor for this purpose?  Is the FF reliable
enough to justify getting a monitor that won't work without it?

                               Thanks,

--

                                        Jim Pritchett

                                        UUCP:  {attctc|texbell}!letni!caleb!jdp

don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) (10/16/89)

      M.A.S.T. is supposed to be coming out with a flicker-fixing device of
their own very soon, with a list price of $399, so the actual street price
should be much lower.  Don't know for sure how good it is, but you might
be able to save yourself some money if you wait for reviews of MAST's
board before you get the FF.

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | ---------------    Don Lloyd  El Campeador   don@vax1.acs.udel.edu          |
| |Gibberish is |    DISCLAIMER:               don@pyr1.acs.udel.edu          |
| |spoken here. |   My employers are idiots.  They wouldn't understand        | | ---------------  my babbling even if they WERE literate enough to read it.  | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (10/17/89)

     I've been using a flickerFixer for the requisite six months,
and it's WONDERFUL!  I've forgotten it's even there until I go back
to my 1000 and see all the scan lines again.  Areas of a solid
colour are a *solid* colour, perfectly even, and on a non-interlaced
CLI the pixels making up each character are little square blocks.

     For a monitor I'm using a 14-inch unit under the name "Imtec".
I've seen the same monitor bearing different names - apparently it's
made by Samsung.  I chose it on the recommendation of another
satisfied flickerFixer user (thanks, Larry!) and it works just fine.
This monitor also works at normal NTSC scan rates; since it took a
couple of weeks for the flickerFixer to arrive, my dealer made up a
cable that hooked the monitor to the standard RGB port, and I used
it that way while I was waiting.

     The only possible complaint about the monitor is that when I
run it from the flickerFixer, I can't get the image to fill the
entire screen.  (It has no problem when running from the standard
RGB port, though.)  This actually isn't that much of a problem -
it means that I can use overscan and see everything.  The disk
that comes with the flickerFixer includes a version of MoreRows,
and it's easy, even from the Workbench, to switch to a Workbench
screen size of 704 x 350 pixels.  This lets me stretch a
noninterlaced CLI window to 27 lines of 81 characters.  If I
switch my favourite editor, CygnusEd, into (no longer really)
interlace mode, I can select a screen size of 704 x 470 pixels,
and display 57 lines of text on the screen at once - and it's
rock-solid.

     I've heard that you can't use a genlock on a machine equipped
with a flickerFixer.  I don't have a genlock, so it's not a problem
for me.  However, I've also heard a rumour that MicroWay is working
on a daughter board to enable a genlock to be used.

     My recommendation to everyone is to try to get some sort of
multi-scanning monitor if at all possible, even if you don't need
it right away.  It only costs about a hundred dollars more than a
normal monitor (at least it did for me up here in Canada - your
mileage may vary) and it gives you the option of later moving up to
a flickerFixer (or the new Denise chip when it comes out) without
having to get another monitor.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
I'm trying to find the stationery department but they keep moving it.

kim@watsup.waterloo.edu (T. Kim Nguyen) (10/18/89)

Dumb question follows:  why not use a high-persistence phosphor
monitor like the 2080 instead of coughing up $300 for a flicker fixer?
What's the diff?
--
T. Kim Nguyen 				  kim@watsup.waterloo.{edu|cdn}
					        kim@watsup.uwaterloo.ca

cogswell@egrunix.UUCP (Dan Cogswell) (10/18/89)

In article <KIM.89Oct17174610@watsup.waterloo.edu> kim@watsup.waterloo.edu (T. Kim Nguyen) writes:
>Dumb question follows:  why not use a high-persistence phosphor
>monitor like the 2080 instead of coughing up $300 for a flicker fixer?
>What's the diff?

I don't own a flicker fixer, but I have owned a monitor with a high
persistence phospher.

The main drawback of a HP phospher is it can leave "ghosting" when doing
animation.  This is because the phospher don't fade quickly enough.

From my own experiences, I've found these type of monitors to be very
"touchy", going out of focus often, but this may not have anything to do with
the picture tube (hey--I ain't a hardware guy...:).

Another advantage of the flickerFixer is it's ability to "fill-in" those ugly
black lines on a non-interlace screen.

>--
>T. Kim Nguyen 				  kim@watsup.waterloo.{edu|cdn}
>					        kim@watsup.uwaterloo.ca
>			    {uunet|utzoo|utai|decvax}watmath!watsup!kim
>Systems Design Engineering  --  University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Dan Cogswell				   "Gangster Fun -- It's the beat
(313)625-3234				      that you can wig-out to..."

cogswell@unix.secs.oakland.edu

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (10/19/89)

Will the FlickerFixer work properly with the forthcoming Enhanced Chip Set?

Stuart W. Pierce

swan@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Joel Swan) (10/20/89)

In article <600@mindlink.UUCP> a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) writes:
:
:     I've been using a flickerFixer for the requisite six months,
:and it's WONDERFUL!  I've forgotten it's even there until I go back
:to my 1000 and see all the scan lines again.  Areas of a solid

[lavish priase of the FF cut]

:     I've heard that you can't use a genlock on a machine equipped
:with a flickerFixer.  I don't have a genlock, so it's not a problem
:for me.  However, I've also heard a rumour that MicroWay is working
:on a daughter board to enable a genlock to be used.

ACtually, you can.  But you must turn off your multisync to use the genlock,
otherwise the multisync controls the amiga's video.
The daughter board is available NOW from dealers (they may need to order it)
or from Microway for $50.

:
:     My recommendation to everyone is to try to get some sort of
:multi-scanning monitor if at all possible, even if you don't need
:it right away.  It only costs about a hundred dollars more than a
:normal monitor (at least it did for me up here in Canada - your
:mileage may vary) and it gives you the option of later moving up to
:a flickerFixer (or the new Denise chip when it comes out) without
:having to get another monitor.
:
:Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
:I'm trying to find the stationery department but they keep moving it.

I heartily agree.  My problem is that I saved up enough to get the FF and am
now looking for a good multisync (anyone every try the Ultrasync 16"?).

Joel Swan

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (10/20/89)

In article <600@mindlink.UUCP> a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) writes:

>     I've been using a flickerFixer for the requisite six months,
>
> (text deleted)
>
>     The only possible complaint about the monitor is that when I
>run it from the flickerFixer, I can't get the image to fill the
>entire screen.  (It has no problem when running from the standard
>RGB port, though.)  This actually isn't that much of a problem -
>
>Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
>I'm trying to find the stationery department but they keep moving it.

The TAXAN 770+ multiscan monitor (a little hard to find but worth the
effort) has an "overscan" switch (not to be confused with the Amiga's
overscan display mode) which allows the standard Amiga screen area to
fill the entire screen.  The monitor can be found for <$500 and has
consistently received very good reviews.  Were I to get a new monitor
(with or without a flicker fixer) I would get one of these, as it will
support the ECS modes.  But because of it's overscan switch, it is
especially nice to use with a Flicker Fixer.

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (10/23/89)

Will the flicker fixer work with a stock Amiga monitor?
--
***  Sean Casey          sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  Copyright 1989 by Sean Casey. Only non-profit redistribution permitted.

a763@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (10/31/89)

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com writes:
>I have nothing against the Flicker Fixer except that it is a fix for a
>non-problem and the fact that it will be rendered obsolete when the new Denise
>with the 640x400 non-interlaced "Productivity Mode" comes out.  Don't waste
>your hard earned $500 on a Flicker Fixer.
TAKE NOTE that the new Denise chip gives you the 640x400 non-interlaced
 resolution in 2 BITPLANES ONLY.
The Flicker Fixer allows the non-interlaced image in all the Amiga graphics
modes. So keep this in mind when evaluating what you need. If non-interlaced
HAM is what you need, the Flicker Fixer is the way.
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
*                             |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|
* mindlink!a763@van-bc.uucp    l   | |   |\    / \   /\                _\
*                            May the frames be with you...             \

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) (10/31/89)

Network Comment: to #4436 by jdp@caleb.UUCP

> Hello,
> I am considering buying a Flicker Fixer (MicroWay.)  I would like to
> get some first hand reports from the folks that have been using it for at
> least six months.  How reliable is it?  Any problems?  What multisync should
> I get to work with it?  Any other comments/suggestions?

> I have been considering getting the Sony Multiscan 1304 for use with the
> Flicker Fixer (and for future higher resolution displays.)  However, I have
> read that it won't work on an Amiga without a Flicker Fixer.  Is anyone out
> there using one?  Is it a good monitor for this purpose?  Is the FF reliable
> enough to justify getting a monitor that won't work without it?

Here is another person with the Flicker Fixer addiction.  I have been running
an old original NEC Multisync monitor with my Amiga 2000 for over a year now
and it works just fine.  Who told you that Multisync monitors don't work with
the Amiga??  All I had to do was hack a cable..or, if you don't hack cables,
you can dial up Redmond Cable and they will hack it together for you..for a
nice fee I might add.

I have nothing against the Flicker Fixer except that it is a fix for a
non-problem and the fact that it will be rendered obsolete when the new Denise
with the 640x400 non-interlaced "Productivity Mode" comes out.  Don't waste
your hard earned $500 on a Flicker Fixer.

-- Bob

> Thanks,
> Jim Pritchett
> UUCP:  {attctc|texbell}!letni!caleb!jdp
_________________________ Pro-Graphics  201/469-0049 __________________________

    UUCP: {..crash!}pro-graphics!bobl           |    ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com             |     CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: {..crash!}pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil  |  AppleLink: Graphics3D
___________                                                        ____________
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (11/01/89)

Well there is no 640X400 or so 16 color mode with the new denise.
16 grey scale is a minimum for many display applications,
several of which I use (displaying radar terrain is one).
Flicker is not acceptable in many environments which need
at least 16 colors, on each scanline.  Also gets rid of the
(to me) very annoying gap between scanlines.

So in summary for many people fliker in hires modes is no
problem and the gap between scanlines is acceptable,
for many the new 640X480 X 4 color productivity mode will
be all they will ever need,

BUT speaking for myself and many others there is a need for
16 color HiRes interlaced displays with NO flicker
so the flicker fixer does serve a purpose for many users/developers.

-Roger Uzun

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com (Peter Selverstone) (11/03/89)

In article <628@crash.cts.com>
  bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) writes:

>Network Comment: to #4436 by jdp@caleb.UUCP
>
>> Hello,
>> I am considering buying a Flicker Fixer (MicroWay.)  I would like to
>> get some first hand reports from the folks that have been using it for at
>> least six months.  How reliable is it?  Any problems?  What multisync should
>> I get to work with it?  Any other comments/suggestions?
>
>> I have been considering getting the Sony Multiscan 1304 for use with the
>> Flicker Fixer (and for future higher resolution displays.)  However, I have
>> read that it won't work on an Amiga without a Flicker Fixer.  Is anyone out
>> there using one?  Is it a good monitor for this purpose?  Is the FF reliable
>> enough to justify getting a monitor that won't work without it?
>
>Here is another person with the Flicker Fixer addiction.

A very laid back group, by the way...

> I have been running
>an old original NEC Multisync monitor with my Amiga 2000 for over a year now
>and it works just fine.  Who told you that Multisync monitors don't work with
>the Amiga??  All I had to do was hack a cable..or, if you don't hack cables,
>you can dial up Redmond Cable and they will hack it together for you..for a
>nice fee I might add.

The point of the original article is that the poster is interested in the
Sony 1304. The minimum scan rate of this monitor is 28 KHz.  It cannot
be used on an Amiga without a Flicker Fixer.

The one potentially informative part of this article is, alas, incorrect.

>I have nothing against the Flicker Fixer

You could have fooled me...

> except that it is a fix for a
>non-problem and the fact that it will be rendered obsolete when the new Denise
>with the 640x400 non-interlaced "Productivity Mode" comes out.  Don't waste
>your hard earned $500 on a Flicker Fixer.

This is actually not the number one item on the "Top Ten Reasons Not to
Buy a Flicker Fixer List"

The number one reason not a buy a flicker fixer is ... (drum roll) ...

  1. I'm saving my video slot for the Toaster   (wild applause)

>-- Bob

Peter

>> Thanks,
>> Jim Pritchett
>> UUCP:  {attctc|texbell}!letni!caleb!jdp

>_________________________ Pro-Graphics  201/469-0049 _________________________

I called your BBS, by the way, pretty nifty.  Is it running on a IIe or a IIgs?

>    UUCP: {..crash!}pro-graphics!bobl          |    ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
>InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com            |     CServe: 70347,2344
>ARPA/DDN: {..crash!}pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  AppleLink: Graphics3D
>___________                                                       ____________
>            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Peter Selverstone ...{mit-eddie,pyramid,datacube}!mirror!ssi3b1!pselver
Spy Pond Systems  pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) (10/24/90)

I have an Amiga 2500/30 with lots of stuuf.  I did a PAL/NTSC hack to it about
a year ago, and haven't taken the thing out of PAL but once.  I am
wondering...

The MicroWay Flickerfixer:  Will it work in both PAL/NTSC modes?  The 2.0
operating system supports switching between the two, but will the flickerfixer
adjust??????

Thanks

Kurt "Koleman" Koller - tcnet!orbit!pnet51!koleman

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (10/24/90)

In article <3363@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) writes:

>I have an Amiga 2500/30 with lots of stuuf.  I did a PAL/NTSC hack to it about
>a year ago, and haven't taken the thing out of PAL but once.  I am
>wondering...
>
>The MicroWay Flickerfixer:  Will it work in both PAL/NTSC modes?  The 2.0
>operating system supports switching between the two, but will the flickerfixer
>adjust??????
>
>Thanks
>
>Kurt "Koleman" Koller - tcnet!orbit!pnet51!koleman

No the flickerfixer will not adjust because their are two different
MicroWay products, one for NTSC machines and another for PAL machines.

The Commodore A2320 Display Enhancer card WILL automatically adjust to
either PAL or NTSC display mode and give you severe overscan support in
both modes i.e. 768x489 in NTSC mode and 768x576 in PAL mode (this is
much more than the MicroWay product).  The A2320 will also automatically
work with the new ECS productivity modes available with the ECS chipset
and AmigaDos 2.0 by bypassing the video signal directly to the multiscan
monitor connected to the A2320's DB15 pin connector.  Also, the A2320
does a special trick called `scan-doubling' when in the x200/256 line
non-interlaced display modes to elimate motion artifacts that would be
present if the product where to de-interlace all the time - a real plus
with those games that run in the non-interlace display modes!

The A2320 is available from Commodore at a suggested list price of $299
as opposed to the MicroWay Flickerfixer which is listing for $499.

I hope this helps!

Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"