[comp.sys.amiga] 3 questions

robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) (10/23/90)

question 1: Does anybody have the patch (is there a patch?) for Mandlevroom 2.0
to make it use the 68882/68030 on a 3000 under 2.0?

question 2: Having grown tired of the Noisetracker/Soundtracker/MED debate,
does anyone know of anything like that that will work on a 3000?

finally I've heard of this real cool Startrek game from Germany, does anyone
know where I can ftp it? Could someone mail it to me?

thank you for you support.

robert lindsay
robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (10/24/90)

Reply to #1:
I've had trouble getting the 020/881 mode to work on a 020/881 Amiga! It can
be done, if you first select INT 020. Then select 020/881. It may not be
checkmarked, but it's in that mode. Drove me crazy, I can tell you. A short
drive, but...
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (10/24/90)

In article <1990Oct23.134510.2633@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) writes:

>question 2: Having grown tired of the Noisetracker/Soundtracker/MED debate,
>does anyone know of anything like that that will work on a 3000?

IntuiTracker, a fully multitasking/intuitionalized CD-Player-type program,
will work on a 3000.  It only *plays* NT/ST sound files; it cannot create
them.  I have not tried my NT1.2 on the 3000, but I imagine it breaks.

>robert lindsay
>robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu

Has anyone the documentation for IntuiTracker?  It's pretty intuitive, but
I'm clueless on a couple of the functions.

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 |     ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Consultant
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow... bleeding ulcers. | with a computer I LIKE"

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/25/90)

robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) writes:

> question 1: Does anybody have the patch (is there a patch?) for Mandlevroom 2
> to make it use the 68882/68030 on a 3000 under 2.0?

I think that you'll just need to recompile it under Lattice (SAS) C with
the '030 options and possibly make a few mods to the source. (MandelVroom
does have source, you know)

> question 2: Having grown tired of the Noisetracker/Soundtracker/MED debate,
> does anyone know of anything like that that will work on a 3000?
>
> finally I've heard of this real cool Startrek game from Germany, does anyone
> know where I can ftp it? Could someone mail it to me?
>
> thank you for you support.
>
> robert lindsay
> robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu

-Joseph Hillenburg