[comp.sys.amiga] Any personal money management software?

megabyte@chinet.chi.il.us (Dr. Megabyte) (10/22/90)

My money income and expenses have become complicated enough I can no longer
just "wing it" and always have more money than the bills take.   I'd like
to be able to use my Amiga to help in this.

What is the quality of available money management software for the Amiga?
Phaser is one I hear people mention.  Is it helpful, useful, or just
another "balance the checkbook by computer" program.  What programs are out
there to help one manage their money?

Alternately, how about just a good spreadsheet if no such money management
programs exist.
--
Mark E. Sunderlin: IRS Technocrat in Stephens City, VA
 aka Dr. Megabyte: megabyte@chinet.chi.il.us  (703) TOY-DUDE

mcc@moscom.UUCP (Mike Corbett) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct22.130636.19893@chinet.chi.il.us> megabyte@chinet.chi.il.us (Dr. Megabyte) writes:
>My money income and expenses have become complicated enough I can no longer
>just "wing it" and always have more money than the bills take.   I'd like
>to be able to use my Amiga to help in this.
>
>What is the quality of available money management software for the Amiga?
>Phaser is one I hear people mention.  Is it helpful, useful, or just
>another "balance the checkbook by computer" program.  What programs are out
>there to help one manage their money?

One package for the Amiga that has been well reviewed is "Money Mentor".

It is a personal money management program that seems to be very complete.
It is quite powerful while still being easy to use.  One feature that I
remember being commented on is that it remembers the previous payment for a
given item, so when you are on a payment plan things a greatly simplified.

As I recall some of the other features are check writing ability and budgeting.

hope this helps some.

Mike

--
      ///