[comp.sys.amiga] New Kickstart Release for the Amiga 3000 available

ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance) (10/24/90)

TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##

As part of Commodore's ongoing commitment to our customers and quality
products, we are pleased to announce a major update to the operating system
software at the heart of your Amiga 3000 (tm) computer.  The new release,
Kickstart (tm) version 2.02, offers bug fixes and enhanced compatibility
with older software.  We encourage all Amiga 3000 owners to use the new
software.  Commodore does not charge for the update.

This week we have sent upgrade kits to all dealers in the U.S.A. who carry
the Amiga 3000 computer.  Each kit contains an "A3000 Update Disk" and
instructions for the dealer.  Owners of Kickstart 2.00 can upgrade by
bringing proof-of-purchase to their dealer.  Note: some dealers may charge
a nominal fee for copying of the disk.

			Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Col. Ames and Pixel) (10/24/90)

In article <15357@cbmvax.commodore.com> ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance) writes:
>TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##
>

>As part of Commodore's ongoing commitment to our customers and quality
>products, we are pleased to announce a major update to the operating system

>with older software.  We encourage all Amiga 3000 owners to use the new
>software.  Commodore does not charge for the update.

>			Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

    YES!!!! YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

  Who ever thought of this at CBM is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!! Release REAL info to the
NET! We will distribute the file and STOP much disinformation. Perhaps this is
a prod for the csa.announce group. If CBM would use it it would be worth the
effort.

  Now we need a Amiga Product Announcement :-)

  Keep us informed guys.....

--
 adam hill                                 "I will tell you three things.."
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu                     Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!

angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (10/25/90)

ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance) writes:

>TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##

Any idea when this will get to Australia ?

>			Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

Angst

---------------
Left. G: "Sir, what do we do if we stand on a mine ?"
Capt. B: "Normal procedure, Leftenant, is to jump 200 feet into the air
	  and scatter oneself over a wide area."

	-- somewhere no man's land, "Blackadder Goes Forth"
---------------

stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) (10/26/90)

ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance) writes:
>TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##
>This week we have sent upgrade kits to all dealers in the U.S.A. who carry
>the Amiga 3000 computer.  Each kit contains an "A3000 Update Disk" and

How about Europe?

	Stefan

Mail  : Stefan Becker, Holsteinstrasse 9, W-5100 Aachen  ///    Only
Phone : +49-241-505705   FIDO: 2:242/7.6    Germany     ///  Amiga makes
Domain: stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de   \\\///  it possible..
Bang  : ..mcvax!unido!rwthinf!cip-s02!stefanb        \XX/  -->A3000/25<--

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) (10/26/90)

In article <2392@trlluna.trl.oz> aduncan@rhea.trl.oz (Allan Duncan) writes:
>From article <>, by ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance):
>>
>> TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##
>>
>Could those of us out the back of beyond have the version numbers
>please?  It helps to track whether we have got the latest or not (I've
>seen a reference to 2.02 before, as 36.197/36.77, and have seen reference to
>36.207/? as well).

Here's the final, official, word.  Release 2.02 is:

		Kickstart 36.207
		Workbench 36.69
		(Setpatch 36.4)

Any version beyond the above is a preliminary testing release, and has not
passed our Product Assurance procedures.  The only Commodore supported 2.02
upgrade comes on the "A3000 Update Disk", available from your dealer.

--
|\_/|  . "ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!"  "Lawyers: America's untapped export market."
{X o} .     Bryce Nesbitt, Operating Systems Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

In article <5400@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>ambugs@cbmvax.commodore.com (Amiga Bug Maintenance) writes:
>
>>TITLE: ## Amiga 3000 Kickstart version 2.02 now available ##
>
>Any idea when this will get to Australia ?

Policy on distribution of releases is up to the sales company in each country.