[comp.sys.amiga] Nicer Looking WB 1.3

akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) (10/26/90)

I would just like to mention one very obvious way to improve your WB
1.3 appearance.  I would not post this except I have had an Amiga (1000 then
2000) since December of 1985 and have only recently realized what I was
missing.

While I have used 640x400 interlaced mode on occasion, I had not realized the
advantages of using interlaced 640x200 mode.  I use SetLace from FF009
(available at trantor.umd.edu [128.8.10.14]) as the first line of my Startup-
Sequence with the colours set to 0:6,6,6 ; 1:0,0,9 ; 2:0,1,5 ; 3:11,0,0.  I
find that on my 1080 monitor this gives me rock-solid colour and a dramatic
improvement in the appearance of the WorkBench.  You will of course pay some
memory/speed penalties.  There may be a newer program than SetLace to enable
the interlace.  If you want an impressive looking 640x200 display with solid
colour and no scan lines I recommend that you try this.

 Richard J. Akerman  | BitNet: Akerman@QUCdnAst             * |
 Incompetent Physics | INet: Akerman@Bill.Phy.QueensU.Ca    * |  "I will go
  Grad Student       | INet: Akerman@RadOpt.Phy.QueensU.Ca    |     mad!"
 Queen's University  | INet: Akerman@Iris1.Phy.QueensU.Ca     |
 Kingston, Ontario   | INet: Akerman@QUCIS.QueensU.Ca         | - Arthur Dent
 Canada              |  * preferred                           |

new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) (10/27/90)

In article <977@qusuna.queensu.CA> akerman@qucis.queensu.CA (Richard Akerman) writes:
>I use SetLace from FF009
>You will of course pay some >memory/speed penalties.

No you won't.  It just shows the same screen starting at two different lines.
	     -- Darren
--
--- Darren New --- Grad Student --- CIS --- Univ. of Delaware ---
----- Network Protocols, Graphics, Programming Languages,