[comp.sys.amiga] Want CED patch 2 -> 2.1

lindwall@babymilo.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (10/27/90)

A recent posting brought to my attention the existence of some patches
for CygnusEd Professional V2.0.  I saw some patches on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
in incoming/amiga/ASDG, but the one I need ( V2.0 -> V2.1 ) is not there.

Does anyone know of how I can get these patches?  Are these official ASDG
patches?  I am a registered user of CED 2.0 (upgraded from V1.0) but I
never got notices about the upgrades.  Is this because the patches are
minor or ???   Thanks for any assistance!
--
John Lindwall			lindwall@ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot

chem194@canterbury (John Davis, programmer at large, chemistry department) (10/27/90)

In article <13617@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>, lindwall@babymilo.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) writes:
> A recent posting brought to my attention the existence of some patches
> for CygnusEd Professional V2.0.  I saw some patches on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
> in incoming/amiga/ASDG, but the one I need ( V2.0 -> V2.1 ) is not there.

Well, I too thought I'd have to go hunting for the 2.0->2.1 patches, but
I got down the 2.1->2.11 patch just on the off chance, and had a snoop
inside it. To my surprise, inside the patch file was a message saying
'this revises cedpro release 2 ( 106896 ) to release 2.11 (size 106908 )'
and it worked fine on my copy of 2 (boy was I happy :-).

So it looks like whoever named the file on ABCFD20 got the title slightly
wrong, it should be CEDpatch_2.0_to_2.11!!!

And to whoever it was at ASDG who made the patch available - thanks for
providing a great service to your customers!!!

| o  John Davis - CHEM194@canterbury.ac.nz               o |
| o  (Depart)mental Programmer,Chemistry Department      o |
| o  University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand o |
| o                                                      o |
| o  co-sysop AmigaINFO BBS,1200/2400 baud CCITT,        o |
| o           24 hours a day, ph NZ +3-3371-531          o |

lindwall@mbongo.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (10/27/90)

In article <1990Oct27.162051.9540@canterbury> chem194@canterbury (John Davis) writes:

>Well, I too thought I'd have to go hunting for the 2.0->2.1 patches, but
>I got down the 2.1->2.11 patch just on the off chance, and had a snoop
>inside it. To my surprise, inside the patch file was a message saying
>'this revises cedpro release 2 ( 106896 ) to release 2.11 (size 106908 )'
>and it worked fine on my copy of 2 (boy was I happy :-).

Hmmmm. I seem to be unable to duplicate this feat.  My copy of CED was
purchased as an upgrade, and I got it SOON after it was released.  My
CED file is of length 106360.  Perhaps you actually had some later
release (2.1?).  When I hit the help key, CED reports "...Release 2",
does your differ?

So, I thank you for your (speedy!) reply. I'm afraid I still need
the 2.0 -> 2.1 patch.  [I don't suppose the patch process tells you what
fixes its applying?  I ran it, but it reported "Incorrect version of original
file"].