[comp.sys.amiga] Empire...

eric@interlan.UUCP (Eric Anderson) (02/01/90)

[]
	While exploring rec.games, I looked in on rec.games.empire for the
first time.  I have the commercial version of Empire for the Amiga, but it
appears that this is nothing like the Empire being discussed in the conference.
Can someone tell me if the two games are the same (in origin at least), or
are they two completely different games.  Is there an Amiga version of the
Empire that is discussed in the conference?  I so, how do I get it?
	I'd appreciate any pointers on this.  I'd shell out $$ to have
nuclear weapons in Empire!

	-Eric

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (03/04/90)

In <4427@helios.TAMU.EDU> n248dg@tamunix (Jonathan Davis) writes:

>	 I've been having trouble setting up Empire v1.33w to run correctly on
>my system.  After creating all necessary files and building a world, I create
>a country to test the world.  Everything works fine except that when I type
>'news', the computer gurus.  It prints the Empire header, then the file I
>entered, then - splat - guru exception #4.

There was also another similar posting. I expect Dave Wright will reply to
these folks, but as a general suggestion, I would say to try running with
a larger stack. I usually use 25000.

On a similar topic, I sent Amiga Empire V2.0 (the multiple simultaneous
players one) to CompuServe yesterday. It checks for a too-small stack. After
it seems to be stable, and I've brought it up to the changes Dave made to
produce 1.33w, I'll release it more widely.

Chris Gray    usenet: {uunet,alberta}!myrias!ami-cg!cg	  CIS: 74007,1165

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) (10/25/90)

Can anyone tell me where I can get a unix-style empire for the Amiga?
If it could be run like multiplayer too, over phone lines, that'd be
awesome. Perhaps I'll just have to pick up the source code somewhere?

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=That is not dead which may eternal lie-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no

v092mgp5@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) (10/26/90)

In article <25106@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) writes...

>Can anyone tell me where I can get a unix-style empire for the Amiga?
>If it could be run like multiplayer too, over phone lines, that'd be
>awesome. Perhaps I'll just have to pick up the source code somewhere?

   Empire 2.2w is available from FTP at abcfd (128.155.23.64) in the
/incoming/amiga directory.  I just downloaded it yesterday and it seems real
good.  It supports multiplayer via phones lines, and multiple users on-line
at the same time (if you have multiple serial ports.).

                                         Scott

roholdr@ccu.umanitoba.ca (++ Q ++) (10/27/90)

I've been watching everyone talk about this Empire 2.2w thingie on that
server (don't recall the server adress, but there's lots of articles posted
about it).  I haven't compiled Empire 2.2 yet, but there's another Empire
(which appears to be very different in many ways) that has planes, aircraft
carriers, subs, armies, etc. that are all displayed graphically.  There are
two types of terrain only in that game (it's called Empire 2.1, if I'm not
mistaken) - Land and Sea, and the fights are largely based on luck.

My question to all interested parties is: Is Empire 2.2, in fact, the
sequel to Empire 2.1 with all the changes and additions that appear to have
been made in a version whose version number has been modified to reflect
what would normally be negligable changes, or are we talking about two
different Empires here?

If anyone can clarify my confusion, it would be greatly appreciated.
(This message should have been posted on comp.sys.amiga.games, and all
further correspondence from myself on this subject shall be posted to that
newsgroup.  I'd encourage all respondants who chose to respond publicly
to do the same, for whatever it's worth...)

++ Q ++
(roholdr@ccu.umanitoba.ca)