[comp.sys.amiga] SAS C Delivery Problems

gordon@nomad.scg.hac.com (Gordon Barbay) (10/18/90)

In article <14666@brahms.udel.edu> don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) writes:

>	Has anyboady experienced any long waits for the upgrade from 5.05 to
>5.10?  Most people seem to have the upgrade now; but I sent the form in
>over a month ago and haven't heard a thing.

I had the same problem.  I sent my order in and never saw it.  I called
them and the girl told me that they had a big foul up about a month
ago and a bunch of orders were lost.  If they lost your order they have
no way to tell who you are.  So if you haven't seen it yet call them
so they can check if you're still in thier system.  In my case they said
they *had* shipped it but for some reason it never arrived.  She told
me she'd put a tracer on it and it arrived a couple weeks later.

		-Gordon

urjlew@uncecs.edu (Rostyk Lewyckyj) (10/26/90)

In article <11@nomad.scg.hac.com>, gordon@nomad.scg.hac.com (Gordon Barbay) writes:
> In article <14666@brahms.udel.edu> don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) writes:
> >
> >	Has anyboady experienced any long waits for the upgrade from 5.05 to
> >5.10?  Most people seem to have the upgrade now; but I sent the form in
> >over a month ago and haven't heard a thing.
>
> I had the same problem.  I sent my order in and never saw it.  I called
> them and the girl told me that they had a big foul up about a month
> ago and a bunch of orders were lost.  If they lost your order they have
> no way to tell who you are.  So if you haven't seen it yet call them

On about Sept. 15 I sent in my upgrade form. On about Sept. 25 I called
SAS to inquire about my order (They are based about 30 miles away).
I was told there was no record of my upgrade order, but they would
take my order and ship it out right away. I received a package
(no invoice) two days later. I received an invoice in the mail about
a week later (I was on vacation Sept 29 - Oct 14). On about Oct 17
I received a second package with an enclosed invoice. I have not had
the time to compare the disk contents and up until I read the above
posting, I had thought that SAS was already sending out updates to
the version of three weeks before, and the invoice was just a reminder.
I sure hope that SAS will be willing to accept payment for one upgrade.
             urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP ,  urjlew@unc.bitnet
       or    urjlew@uncvm1.acs.unc.edu    (ARPA,SURA,NSF etc. internet)
       tel.  (919)-962-6501

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (10/28/90)

You guys who have received an upgrade offer are lucky!

I havn't gotten any upgrade offer yet!
But a friend of mine who got his 5.04 a few months later than me
got one a month ago. (the upgrade was received a few days ago).

ANd in a short survey among the REGISTRED owners of 5.04 I know of,
One out of 4 have been given the offer.

				Karl

                  //
  // \\ //   \\ //    Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
\X/   \X/     \X/     University of Lulea,Sweden
500   2000    3000

I have called this principle, by which each slight variation,
if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection. /C. Darwin