[comp.sys.amiga] Is there an IFF<->Color Postscript Converter??

smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Samual Rushing) (10/22/90)

Does there exist a PD (or proprietary for that matter) converter
to convert from an IFF graphics file to a color postscript file?
Thanks.

--
(not (not (not (not (not ... )))))
smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu				    rushing@titan.ksc.nasa.gov

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (10/23/90)

Professional Page will convert an imported IFF file to a color Postscript
file...so will Pagestream, as I understand. Not that I've tried either one's
feature...
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

martijn@dnlunx.pttrnl.nl (Reinalda M.) (10/23/90)

smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Samual Rushing) writes:

>Does there exist a PD (or proprietary for that matter) converter
>to convert from an IFF graphics file to a color postscript file?
>Thanks.

Yes, there is. It's called IFFTOPS and it's Public Domain. Although
I have not tried to print in colors, it does a great job in b&w.

LDSHANER@MTUS5.BITNET (Leon D. Shaner) (10/24/90)

PageStream 1.8 and above will import IFFs (up to 24-Bit) and their PostScript
driver supports color, so that is a winning combination...

--Leon

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (10/25/90)

In article <25035@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Does there exist a PD (or proprietary for that matter) converter
>to convert from an IFF graphics file to a color postscript file?
>Thanks.

If you have access to the pbmplus utilities that went out over the net
awhile back there exists an iff->ppm (iff ilbmn to portable pixmap)
and a ppm->CEPS (Color Encapsulated Postscript)
If you string them together I think you will get what you need.
These compiled utilites are part of the X11 package from GfxBase.

>--
>(not (not (not (not (not ... )))))
>smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu				    rushing@titan.ksc.nasa.gov

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

lar@pc.usl.edu (Robert, Lane A.) (10/26/90)

In article <913@boing.UUCP> dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) writes:
   In article <25035@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
   >Does there exist a PD (or proprietary for that matter) converter
   >to convert from an IFF graphics file to a color postscript file?
   >Thanks.

   If you have access to the pbmplus utilities that went out over the net
   awhile back there exists an iff->ppm (iff ilbmn to portable pixmap)
   and a ppm->CEPS (Color Encapsulated Postscript)
   If you string them together I think you will get what you need.
   These compiled utilites are part of the X11 package from GfxBase.

You can pick up all or part of the PBM Plus package by anonymous FTP
from pc.usl.edu (that's 130.70.40.3 for the nameserver impaired) in
the directories /pub/amiga/pbmplus/{bin,doc,src}.  Please restrict
connections to evening hours (CDT) and weekends.  To convert ILBM to
color PostScript, you'll need at a minimum the "ilbmtoppm" and
"ppmtops" programs.

Any questions about this port of the package can be addressed to me.

Lane
lar@usl.edu

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (10/28/90)

In article <25035@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Does there exist a PD (or proprietary for that matter) converter
>to convert from an IFF graphics file to a color postscript file?
>Thanks.

Art Department Professional (coming soon) does this.

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry