[comp.sys.amiga] Oh, shattered illusions!

soh@shiva.trl.oz (kam hung soh) (10/22/90)

In article <6828@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <2356@trlluna.trl.oz> soh@shiva.trl.oz (kam hung soh) writes:
>> I don't really give a damn whether the computer I'm using has X or
>> Intuition or Windows.
>
>You're not a programmer....

What mastery deduction, Peter.  Isn't it simply amazing that Peter can
see what I am doing from the 'net?  Not even that wonderful psychic,
Uri Geller, could do that.  I used to think I was a programmer, you
know, 'cause I happen to be hired as one, and I write code using X in
UNIX.  There was even a time I wrote in assembly and C.

Maybe I'm a deluded computer scientist, and I should return to my
ivory tower.  Welcome Oh, Yacc and Lex!  Automata theory!  Logic
programming!  Formal methods!

Heck, I could even be nothing more than a person who uses a word
processor or * shudder * a spreadsheet!  My God!  My world is caving
in on me!  What's the mnemonic for loading register A6?  I can't count
in hexideci ... deci ... !  Oh no!  I can't even keep them O's and 1's
in my brain!  It's all too much to me ......

Ah, Peter!  You've destroyed my illusions!  What powerful magic you
wield!  The world grovels at your feet, while you smile benevolently,
dispensing hexs from your holy terminal.

But the forces of evil database, spreadsheet and word process behind
your back.  "Down with Peter the Bit!" the simple ones whisper,
cackling at their Turing machines which read, print, and reverse tape
at a feverish pace.  "When we figure out macros, we'll strike!"
they scream.  Clack, clack, clack, go their Turing machines.

One day, they might even find the 9 billion names of Peter, and the
universe shall crumble.

-------
Soh, Kam Hung      email: h.soh@trl.oz.au     tel: +61 03 541 6403
Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (10/22/90)

In article <2376@trlluna.trl.oz> soh@shiva.trl.oz (kam hung soh) writes:
>In article <6828@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>>In article <2356@trlluna.trl.oz> soh@shiva.trl.oz (kam hung soh) writes:
>>> I don't really give a damn whether the computer I'm using has X or
>>> Intuition or Windows.
>>
>>You're not a programmer....
>
>What mastery deduction, Peter.  Isn't it simply amazing that Peter can
>see what I am doing from the 'net?  Not even that wonderful psychic,

(bunch of nonsense ravings deleted)

This post does not belong on the net.  Please refrain from posting such
nonsense again.  Also, please read up on netiquette before posting again.

>Soh, Kam Hung      email: h.soh@trl.oz.au     tel: +61 03 541 6403
>Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu       gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu

Ralph Seguin		| "You mean THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
536 South Forest	|
Apartment 915		| "No.  Haven't you heard, I come in six packs!"
Ann Arbor, MI 48104	|
(313) 662-4805

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

>This post does not belong on the net.  Please refrain from posting such
>nonsense again.  Also, please read up on netiquette before posting again.

Ah! and this bit of enlightenment from someone who consistantly uses a
7 line .signature!!!

[read netiquette yourself Ralph. The part about 4 line .signatures.]

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (10/29/90)

In article <3419@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
>Ah! and this bit of enlightenment from someone who consistantly uses a
>7 line .signature!!!
>[read netiquette yourself Ralph. The part about 4 line .signatures.]

You are, of course, correct.  I apologise to the net.  Going to have to
work on my sig now of course 8-(

>John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
>sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|7 line Multi-User system.         | Downloads & more.
>A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of----Ogden Nash

			Thanks, Ralph

-sig undergoing heavy surgery!  Cleanroom procedures required beyond this point!