[comp.sys.amiga] DOC music demo, NoiseTracker,musics

wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) (10/21/90)

1) has anybody downloaded the program DOCMUSICDEMO from New XANTH ?
 I did and got lots of CRC checks while unLHARCing it.
 Is the file bad or is it me ?

2) I have tons of generations of old SoundTracker (many crashed on my
   NTSC machine) .I have always enjoyed using it. and as somebody said
   it earlier, "Until the pigs come knocking at my door, I will keep
   using it". (luckily this is not Germany ...)
   and again, Usenet is not the only way of getting NT/ST updated versions.

3) How to get music for them beside ripping them off of demos ?
   have contacts with the people who make them . (most of them are in
   Europe), write them yourself and become famous by putting them in demos.

4) a lot of people have claimed MED to be better . Well I looked at it ,
   It is slow, unintuitive, some switches are only a few pixels big.
   the Fonts .. yuck .. amateurish looking. I feel cramped just looking at
   the screen.
   How about the jumping jack sprite ... hmmmm ... ugly .
   Med CANNOT read ALL the Modules. I have had it rejecting a few of the
   modules I had . (what ? not a NT MODULE ? hey I just loaded it in NT2.0)
   Replay routine ... hahaha

5) How is quartet ?

						Walter

a1654@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Beck) (10/22/90)

        If you have been looking at an early version of MED, then you should
check the new stuff.
        Version 2.10 that I have is easily the best around. Blows NT and ST
away, with 16 tracks, Midi, can read and play all NT and ST mods and even 3 and
5 note sound samples.
        The Docs need work, but the program is great.

--

cpca@iceman.jcu.oz (C Adams) (10/23/90)

In article <3614@mindlink.UUCP>, a1654@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Beck) writes:
>         If you have been looking at an early version of MED, then you should
> check the new stuff.
>         Version 2.10 that I have is easily the best around. Blows NT and ST
> away, with 16 tracks, Midi, can read and play all NT and ST mods and even 3 and
> 5 note sound samples.
>         The Docs need work, but the program is great.

But, does it work on 2.0 and an Amiga 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not, well it's a waste of time.  If yes, then where can I get
it!

Colin Adams         Life's funny but I don't laugh
Email Address -     cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au

greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (10/24/90)

In article <1100@iceman.jcu.oz> cpca@iceman.jcu.oz (C Adams) writes:
>In article <3614@mindlink.UUCP>, a1654@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Beck) writes:
>>         If you have been looking at an early version of MED, then you should
>> check the new stuff.
>>         Version 2.10 that I have is easily the best around. Blows NT and ST
>> away, with 16 tracks, Midi, can read and play all NT and ST mods and even 3
>> and
>> 5 note sound samples.
>>         The Docs need work, but the program is great.
>
>But, does it work on 2.0 and an Amiga 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>If not, well it's a waste of time.  If yes, then where can I get
>it!

MED2.10 doesn't work with my friend's machine under 2.0.  It apparently uses
a CIA timer that 2.0 won't let it have...

BTW, it plays most songs at the correct speed on an NTSC machine, probably
becuase of this timer.  (i.e. it doesn't use screen refreshes, likely)

Also, I have noticed a few problems with some ST/NT modules.  It won't load
about 5% of the ones I have, and the pattern seems to occur on older modules.
Also, certain songs like one called "dirt" at abcfd20 has to be edited to
work correctly with MED.  If I remember correctly, the first block has some
incorrect tempo changes in it, which make MED skip.  Check the first (leftmost)
column around row 16.  Zero out the "F00"'s in that and the following lines.
This will keep MED from skipping (almost like a CD player).

Don't change any other codes -- only the "F00"'s.  The song continually
switches between a tempo of 3 and 4, apparently to achieve the value between...

>Colin Adams         Life's funny but I don't laugh
>Email Address -     cpca@marlin.jcu.edu.au

Greg

---------------Greg-Harp---------------greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu----------------
AMIGA! //
      // Don't you just hate those long signature files?  I mean, there oughta
    \X/  be a law.  If I were in control, .sigs would get cut off if they were

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/25/90)

So will someone PLEASE put a working MED 2.10 on abcfd20, in .LZH format?
I HATE LHWARP!

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (10/29/90)

I believe V2.12 of MED is out now...any ideas where to get one's paws
on it?
--
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #