[comp.sys.amiga] Math Coprocessor for Amiga Systems with 68000

marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Captain Harlock) (10/18/90)

	Help Me !!
	I need know where the library mathXXXX.library
	look for 68881, because we want to add a math
	coprocessor in our Amigas.
	If somebody have just made it, please, send me
	some information about it.

	Thank you...

					... marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it
					or  livio@alessia.dei.unipd.it

P.S. If you can't reach us use this addresses:

	marco%alessia.dei.unipd.it@mcsun.eu.net
	livio%alessia.dei.unipd.it@mcsun.eu.net

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (10/25/90)

In article <6767@alessia.dei.unipd.it> marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Captain Harlock) writes:

>	Help Me !!
>	I need know where the library mathXXXX.library
>	look for 68881, because we want to add a math
>	coprocessor in our Amigas.
>	If somebody have just made it, please, send me
>	some information about it.

The IEEE math libraries try to open a resource called MathIEEE.resource.
If it exists when it opens and initializes it looks at various fields in
the resource structure. One of those fields contains a pointer to the
68881/68882 base io addresses if the resource is for a 68881/68882. The
vendor of the 68881/68882 should be providing the autoconfig software to
set this up as well as the code that saves and restores the 68881/68882
registers for task switching.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (10/30/90)

In article <912@boing.UUCP>, dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) writes:
> In article <6767@alessia.dei.unipd.it> marco@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Captain Harlock) writes:
>>
>>	Help Me !!
>>	I need know where the library mathXXXX.library
>>	look for 68881, because we want to add a math
>>	coprocessor in our Amigas.
>>	If somebody have just made it, please, send me
>>	some information about it.
>>
> The IEEE math libraries try to open a resource called MathIEEE.resource.
> If it exists when it opens and initializes it looks at various fields in
> the resource structure. One of those fields contains a pointer to the
> 68881/68882 base io addresses if the resource is for a 68881/68882. The
> vendor of the 68881/68882 should be providing the autoconfig software to
> set this up as well as the code that saves and restores the 68881/68882
> registers for task switching.

 So where can one find the format of this recource. I would like to do
something similar, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any
documentation on how to do it. Anybody?

> --
> Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
> {uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale
|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|  Computer Support Person              |  Phone  (071)562889 xt 8181        |
|  Computer Science Department          |  Amiga 3000 for ME!                |
|  University of Waikato                |                                    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |