[comp.sys.amiga] Pastex Help wanted

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (10/27/90)

Well I got all the PasTex files (Offa NewXanth)
and i can't get it to work.

it seems to run fine but here's what happens

--> virtex &plain nicedoc
This is TeX, C Version 3.0 [hes v1.1]
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Snoop dos is watching the program (to let me know what's going on)
and it seems to find everything. But it don't like the fmt file.

Perhaps I'm doing the setenv stuff wrong.
ex: docs say
TEXINPUTS       .!tex:macros
so i make a file in ENV: called TEXINPUTS now what EXACTLY do i put there
i put in the path to the macros, PasTex:macros

what does this weird stuff .!tex:macros mean.???
			   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It seems to find everything, but perhaps my ENV stuff is set wrong.
I am usng WSHELL env env's not arp or 1.3

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still

hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Georg Hessmann) (10/30/90)

In article <yorkw.656986963@stable.ecn.purdue.edu> yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) writes:
>Well I got all the PasTex files (Offa NewXanth)
>and i can't get it to work.
>
>it seems to run fine but here's what happens
>
>--> virtex &plain nicedoc
>This is TeX, C Version 3.0 [hes v1.1]
>(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
>Snoop dos is watching the program (to let me know what's going on)
>and it seems to find everything. But it don't like the fmt file.

First, the plain.fmt, which virtex loads is not ok. You should
create your own format with initex. If you change the 'tex.mem' file,
you _must_ make a new format file.

>Perhaps I'm doing the setenv stuff wrong.
>ex: docs say
>TEXINPUTS       .!tex:macros
>so i make a file in ENV: called TEXINPUTS now what EXACTLY do i put there
>i put in the path to the macros, PasTex:macros

Yes. setenv TEXINPUTS ".!PasTeX:macros"

>what does this weird stuff .!tex:macros mean.???
>			   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

. is from UN*X and means the actuall directory.
! is a limiter between two pathes.
.!tex:macros means: first, look into the actuall directory and than, if
the file wasn't found, look at tex:macros.

>It seems to find everything, but perhaps my ENV stuff is set wrong.
>I am usng WSHELL env env's not arp or 1.3

Hope this helps,
	Georg.

--
  hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de		hessmann@unipas.uucp