[comp.sys.amiga] AmiExpo - Where is my mouse???

echarne@ics.uci.edu (Eli B. Charne) (10/24/90)

Argh.  Just want to get this off my chest.

  Joeseph Lowery postes a message to a local BBS (in Los Angeles) I
  call requesting to borrow Amigas for the AmiExpo being held in
  Anaheim.

  ... Although Anaheim isn't very close (about 45 miles), I figured
  "what the heck?"  I like helping the Amiga community --- This is
  where my Amiga Mentality of help Amiga out started to get me in
  trouble ---

  Joe Lowery was offering a free pass, and one free class to whomever
  lent him an Amiga for the show.  I knew I could only show up for one
  day (and I missed the class) but figured I'd lend my computer
  anyway.  Well, It's October 24th and I still don't have a completely
  together Amiga.

  What I got back was missing a few cables, had a cable I didn't
  recognize, and was missing a mouse.  Well, after talking with Joe
  (he's back in New York), Just yesterday I received a box with the
  missing cables and amouse (everyone's HAPPY right?) But the problem
  is that not only is *this* mouse Very Dirty and not looking all that
  great, but it doesn't work either.

  So here's someone unsatisfied and unhappy with some of the
  unprofessionalism that is instilled in the Amiga market.  I should
  have received everything I lent them back with *no* problem, after
  all they should be careful in borrowing someone elses equipment.
  After finding out what the problem was, I should have gotten my
  equipment replaced with good equipment, apparently they just picked
  up a mouse they had laying around and sent it off.  Any other company
  I can think of would at least have had the decency to check/provide
  me with a new mouse.

				     I want a working mouse,
					    -Eli
--
      echarne@ics.uci.edu     // \\    ``To understand recursion you
       echarne@uci.bitnet \\ //   \\ //  need to understand recursion.''

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (10/25/90)

This does not surprise me. At the Chicago AmiExpo in 1989, I had a problem
with Creative Computers. The owner started calling me names, etc... from
their it was all down hill. I complained to Expo managment why they would
let THESE bozos into the Expo... and in fact, WHY Creative was the only vendor
there to sell software. I was given the quick brush off. My opinion is that
some palms were greased. So they did not want to confront Creative.

	- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com

critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) (10/27/90)

>Argh.  Just want to get this off my chest.

Oh gee.. so THAT'S why I read c.s.a.!

>  Joeseph Lowery postes a message to a local BBS (in Los Angeles) I
>  call requesting to borrow Amigas for the AmiExpo being held in
>  Anaheim. [..deleted..]
>  I figured "what the heck?" [..deleted..]
>  What I got back was missing a few cables, had a cable I didn't
>  recognize, and was missing a mouse.  Well, after talking with Joe
>  (he's back in New York), Just yesterday I received a box with the
[..lots of wishful thinking deleted..]
>  So here's someone unsatisfied and unhappy with some of the
>  unprofessionalism that is instilled in the Amiga market.  I should

Here's a person who got hoodwinked into loaning a computer to a stranger
from 3000 miles away.  He now twists his misfortune into a wide reaching
'unprofessionalism that is instilled in the Amiga market'.  Sorry to hear
that your mouse isn't working, have you checked your brain lately?

>  I want a working mouse,

Goto your local Mouse Employment Agency.

      UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!critical.mass    | Critical Mass Software
  ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!critical.mass@nosc.mil | P.O. Box 23
  Internet: critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com  | Short Hills, NJ 07078

echarne@ics.uci.edu (Eli B. Charne) (11/01/90)

In article <2725C646.1988@ics.uci.edu> echarne@ics.uci.edu (Eli B. Charne) writes:

>Argh.  Just want to get this off my chest.
>
>  Joeseph Lowery postes a message to a local BBS (in Los Angeles) I
>  call requesting to borrow Amigas for the AmiExpo being held in
>  Anaheim.

  [Stuff I wrote concerning lending my equipment to AmiExpo and what
   I received for lending my equipment deleted]

>  So here's someone unsatisfied and unhappy with some of the
>  unprofessionalism that is instilled in the Amiga market.  I should
>  have received everything I lent them back with *no* problem, after
>  all they should be careful in borrowing someone elses equipment.
>  After finding out what the problem was, I should have gotten my
>  equipment replaced with good equipment, apparently they just picked
>  up a mouse they had laying around and sent it off.  Any other company
>  I can think of would at least have had the decency to check/provide
>  me with a new mouse.
>
>				     I want a working mouse,

  I'm sure there are a number of people out there who aren't intersted
  in reading this, but I feel it's important to let people who read my

  I spoke to Joseph Lowery last Friday, Oct 26th regarding the bad
  mouse that mine had been replaced with.  Since Creative Computers was
  out of the ``normal'' Commodore Mouse, he ordered me an optical mouse
  (which arrived last night, Oct 30th).  And I'll be sending AmiExpo
  20$, the difference in price between getting a Boing or Commodore
  Mouse, and shipping the defective mouse back to AmiExpo.

  It (naturally) has been a bit of a headache for me, but I'm glad that
  everything has been taken care of in a reasonably timely manner.

					 -Eli