[comp.sys.amiga] A solution?

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (10/29/90)

c.s.a.misc, c.s.a.emulation, c.s.a.datacom, c.s.a.announce,
c.s.a.introduction, c.s.a.application, c.s.a.software, etc.

Way too many groups.  As I e-mailed to a few people who recommended
comp.sys.amiga.emulations in the past, many of the questions about
emulators fall over into other areas.  As an example, my recent A-Max
question about HD formatting and mountlists really was not only an
emulator question; it was a question that could have been answered by
many people who had never (and might not ever) use(d) A-Max.

Two points that I have to get off my chest now:

1) Would it not be easier to just post less to c.s.a than split it
up?  I mean, if, for example, someone posts "what is the difference
between an A500 and an A2000?" we do not all need to post the answer.
USE E-MAIL MORE!  Especially for flames!

2) Referring back to the c.s.a.emulations point above, I can see myself
and many others cross-posting more often now.  Before you flame, consider
that many topics which formerly fit quite nicely in c.s.a will now cross
borders, and are JUSTIFIABLY posted to more than one group.  Consider
this advance warning:  If these new groups go through, and I have a
question that (again) JUSTIFIABLY can be cross-posted, I will indeed
cross-post it.  If I get flamed, I will flame back harder.

I've been reading this group for quite a while now, and I have been
one to put up with reading hundreds of posts daily, and at 1200 baud,
and with restricted ration time.  I see no need for so many groups.
This is a blatent example of good intentions hurting more than helping.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || Amigas, Macs, IBM's, C-64's, NeXTs, ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       ||  Apple ]['s....  I use 'em all.     ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       ||  (and in that order too!   ;-)      ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

In article <90301.181050JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
> 1) Would it not be easier to just post less to c.s.a than split it up?

"Why can't we all just live together in peace and harmony"?

I don't know, but I think the answer is similar.

> 2) Referring back to the c.s.a.emulations point above, I can see myself
> and many others cross-posting more often now.

Good, do it. That's what cross-posting is for: cases where a single group
doesn't cover the topic. There is nothing wrong with appropriate crossposting.
In fact it should be encouraged.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
> c.s.a.misc, c.s.a.emulation, c.s.a.datacom, c.s.a.announce,
>c .s.a.introduction, c.s.a.application, c.s.a.software, etc.
> Way too many groups...
> 1) Would it not be easier to just post less to c.s.a than split it up?
> 2) ... If these new groups go through, and  I  have  a  question  that
> (again) JUSTIFIABLY can be cross-posted, I will indeed cross-post  it.
> If  I  get  flamed,  I  will  flame  back  harder.

Just wonderful. Everybody else  is  supposed  to  adopt  adult  behavior
magically because you say so, while you insist on your right  to  behave
like a spoiled brat. That's exactly _why_ we  are  going  to  split  the
group. Too many people here behave like you, and  think  everybody  else
should  change  posting habits instead  of  them.
                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, ongoing comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.