[comp.sys.amiga] Question

A4422DAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET (Konrad Neuwirth) (11/19/88)

hi,
  as our institue will get money for some hardware, I want to tell them
to buy our all's favorite machine, but the money is strictly for pattern
recognition hardware, so here goes the question:

Is there some software for (graphical) pattern recognition on the amiga ?
If so, where ?

If you know anything, write to me, PLEASE!

Thank you

I Konrad Neuwirth          I /                                   I
I Fernkorngasse 44-2-4     I<            Disclaiming: is it      I
I A-1100 Wien              I \           worth the risk ?        I
I Austria                    I\  I                               I
I +43/222/604 15 30          I  \I                               I
I                            I   I                               I

AAW151%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (Andy Patrizio) (11/01/90)

I don't know how well this will go over on the net, but here goes:

A friend of mine has just written a shell for Coherent, a new version of
UNIX you may have seen advertised in Byte. Coherent's publisher, Mark
Williams Co., was very impressed with the shell, and has recommended him
to a German company called Siemens, which is interested in his product.

So to all you German readers, what can you tell me about this company?
Neither of us is familiar with it, but the name rings a bell...

Thanks much.

-----
 itnet: aaw151@uriacc.bitnet                       |  Andy Patrzio
ARPA: aaw151%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu       |  Box 705 Ellery Hall
Internet: aaw151@uriacc.uri.edu                    |  URI
Usenet: simon@sbs.bbs.com                          |  Kingston, RI 02881
...or...: andypo@idsvax.ids.com                    |  (401) 782-2758
-----
"Only Apple could slow down the 68000 processor" - Computer Shopper
------

jnmoyne@lbl.gov (Jean-Noel MOYNE) (11/01/90)

   Hehe, yep sure it can sound famillar....  (-: !!!!

   Siemens is one of the biggest European eletronics manufacturer (it must
be even bigger than Phillips). This is a vey very big company, ranging in
a lot of different fields. They are doing computers, chips, coffe makers,
dishwashers, televisions, a _lot_ of medical instruments, industrial
stuff, very big sort of laser printers for the newspapers, etc ... etc ...

   Some of their products are not allways sold under the siemens brand
name. Especially for the stuff the 'public' buys, that's maybe the reason
why Siemens isn't that well-known.

    As a conclusion: your friend can be happy, if Siemens is intrested in
his program, then the big bucks are not far.

     JNM

--
These are my own ideas (not LBL's)
" Just make it!", BO in 'BO knows Unix'

In article <35085@nigel.ee.udel.edu> AAW151%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (Andy Patrizio) writes:
>A friend of mine has just written a shell for Coherent, a new version of
                                                           ^^^!!!
   (Anyone remember the CBM 900 of 1985 WITH Coherent?)
>UNIX you may have seen advertised in Byte. Coherent's publisher, Mark
>Williams Co., was very impressed with the shell, and has recommended him
>to a German company called Siemens, which is interested in his product.
>
>So to all you German readers, what can you tell me about this company?

You're kidding aren't you? They are simply the BIGGEST. (Ok, approx.
no. 2 in Europe and strong competitor on world market). The bad thing is
they have hundreds of addresses and this is the first time I hear they
use Coherent. What I know precisely is that they reside originally in
Munich. One of their bigger research sites (but not their central) is
in the Hoffmann-Strasse. But you could use this as first attempt.
So write a normal letter to:
    Siemens AG
    Hoffmannstr.
    D-8000 Muenchen