[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaUUCP PLUS avaible in Germany via FTP !!!

stw@kuli.ka.sub.org (Stefan Windbuehl) (10/27/90)

IP-Adresse: 131.246.9.116

Directory: pub/amiga/incoming/

Files: UUCP1.LZH
       UUCP2.LZH
       AmigaUUCP_Plus_1.02.readme

--
     //  Stefan Windbuehl, Welfenstr. 29 D, 7500 Karlsruhe 1, FRG
    //   USENET/SUBNET  : stw@kuli.ka.sub.org

stw@kuli.ka.sub.org (Stefan Windbuehl) in <181d82ba.ARN0151@kuli.ka.sub.org>
writes:

	IP-Adresse: 131.246.9.116

	Directory: pub/amiga/incoming/

	Files: UUCP1.LZH
	       UUCP2.LZH
	       AmigaUUCP_Plus_1.02.readme

Hmmmm.  When I connect to that site and examine pub/amiga/incoming, there's
but one file named ``READ.ME!'' whose contents are:

	Bitte, falls moeglich, die Dateien gleich in die entsprechenden
	Unterverzeichnisse einsortieren.

	                         --- DANKE ---

'Tis been nearly 30 years since I've spoken German and my Kassels is nowhere
to be found; would you please translate that message?

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

In article <35424@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:

Here come the translations:
>	Bitte, falls moeglich, die Dateien gleich in die entsprechenden
>	Unterverzeichnisse einsortieren.
  Please sort all the files immediately into the appropriate
  subdirectories, if possible.
>	                         --- DANKE ---
  THANKS

BTW, was that a German site? Then you get a little impression how
lost someone of foreign language sometimes feels in netland...

bryan@cs.utexas.edu (Bryan Bayerdorffer @ Wit's End) (11/01/90)

In article <35424@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
=-
=-Hmmmm.  When I connect to that site and examine pub/amiga/incoming, there's
=-but one file named ``READ.ME!'' whose contents are:
=-
=-	Bitte, falls moeglich, die Dateien gleich in die entsprechenden
=-	Unterverzeichnisse einsortieren.
=-
	Please, if possible, immediately place files into apropriate
subdirectories.

graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) (11/01/90)

>=-Hmmmm.  When I connect to that site and examine pub/amiga/incoming, there's
>=-but one file named ``READ.ME!''

Try pub/amiga/Comm.  That's where I got my copy.

-> ->Disclaimer: I'm not ashamed of what I say. <- <-
     Sorry if the above disclaimer is too long.
| Internet: graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu                  |
| UUCP:     dolmen!graham@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu             |
| FIDO:     Soon!                                          |
| BBS:      The PORTAL DOLMEN, (812) 334-0418, 24hrs.      |
|__________________________________________________________|

rob@spirits.ka.sub.org (Roland Bless) (11/02/90)

In article <35424@cup.portal.com>, Thad P Floryan writes:

> Hmmmm.  When I connect to that site and examine pub/amiga/incoming, there's
> but one file named ``READ.ME!'' whose contents are:
>
>       ******************************************************************
>       Bitte, falls moeglich, die Dateien gleich in die entsprechenden
>       Unterverzeichnisse einsortieren.
>

>                                --- DANKE ---
>
>       ******************************************************************
>
> 'Tis been nearly 30 years since I've spoken German and my Kassels is nowhere
> to be found; would you please translate that message?

Ok, I'll try:
Please, if possible, sort the files directly into the related sub-directories!

I think this is only of importance for the FTP-site (Super-User) and not
for you...or am I wrong here?

Don't worry, be happy...:-)

Have a nice day,
 Roland

--
R o l a n d   B l e s s |UUCP: rob@spirits.ka.sub.org                       |
Kriegsstrasse 129       |FAX: +49211623818               BTX:0211623818-0001|