[comp.sys.amiga] ASDG VD0: DOES NOT WORK - same problem RRamDisk

rnews@qut.edu.au (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct15.162654.20666@wpi.WPI.EDU>, longshot@wpi.WPI.EDU (Kenneth M Botwinick) writes:
> I can not get any version of ASDG's VD0: to work.  Can someone tell me
> where a working version is.  It mounts fine, but when I try to access it
> in any way it says "cannot find".
>
> Also I tried RRamDisk from the Other Guys.  It doesn't seem to work either.
> Sometimes it is recoverable, other times it is erased.

I had the same trouble with VD0. As far as RRamDisk goes, I had the same
trouble as with VD0. Mounted but couldn't access it. Suspect insufficient
memory. I have a couple of meg of mem coming this week, hopefully that will
change things.

Greg Palmer.

fredc@umriscc.tmc.edu (Fred Clauss) (11/02/90)

In article <19073.27236160@qut.edu.au> rnews@qut.edu.au writes:
>In article <1990Oct15.162654.20666@wpi.WPI.EDU>, longshot@wpi.WPI.EDU (Kenneth M Botwinick) writes:
>> I can not get any version of ASDG's VD0: to work.  Can someone tell me
>> where a working version is.  It mounts fine, but when I try to access it
>> in any way it says "cannot find".

>> Also I tried RRamDisk from the Other Guys.  It doesn't seem to work either.
>> Sometimes it is recoverable, other times it is erased.

>I had the same trouble with VD0. As far as RRamDisk goes, I had the same
>trouble as with VD0. Mounted but couldn't access it. Suspect insufficient
>memory. I have a couple of meg of mem coming this week, hopefully that will
>change things.

I had the same problem when I was trying out my lucas board, because I
couldn't use my StarboardII with it.  If you only have chip memory, the
BuffMemType has to be changed to "3" (to make VD0: use chip ram).  There
is no error message when VD0: fails to mount, so the only thing you get
is a "cannot find" message.  Mounting also fails without a peep if the
specified size is too big.  Hope this helps.  I don't have RRamDisk, so
I can't help you with that, but the problem is probably similar.

--
Fred Clauss                  INTERNET:  fredc@isc.umr.edu (preferred)
P.O. Box 815                  		or fredc@ee.umr.edu