[comp.sys.amiga] How to post to the correct group

jordan@CHARLIE.ECE.SCAROLINA.EDU (William Jordan) (11/02/90)

In article <6658@chorus.fr>, ferry@chorus.fr (Ferry de Jong) writes:
>>[...]
>>	     You are making a mess out of the groups
>>
>>The following may overlap a lot of the local call for discussion to split
>>the groups but it has a quite different approach. I think it isn't needed to
>>create more groups and that we can manage with the current ones if we use them
>>wisely. Next are a few short paragraphs that describe, in my opinion, what is
>>happening in comp.sys.amiga.**** and causes of the call for more groups.
>>[...]
>>Posting in the wrong group:
>>
>>It is hard to believe that so many people are able to pick exactly the wrong
>>newsgroup to post something. Look at the next four articles I found today in
>>comp.sys.amiga and belong in a different group. (No personal hard feeling
>>against the posters)
>>[...]
>>Think, before you post. It isn't difficult to pick the right group.
>     No, it isn't that difficult to pick the right group... *if* you have a
>choice of newsgroups to post it to, that is. Keep in mind that not *all*
>the people who send articles to the net have direct access to Usenet, and
>thus might not have much of a choice of newsgroups when posting their
>articles. Some people (like me) get the c.s.a.* newsgroups over the mail by
>means of amiga-relay. Unfortunately, the only newsgroup we can post to
>using amiga-relay (to the best of my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong) is
>c.s.a. So even when we might be aware that an article should be posted to
>misc.computers.forsale, for example, we have no choice but to post it to
>c.s.a. (assuming it's Amiga-related, of course).

	[...]
>     I, for one, I'm sorry if I have to inconvinience fellow netters with
>my postings in the future, but please understand that at this time I simply
>have no other choice (if you happen to know of an alternative, please *do*
>let me know!).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^------Well, you asked :) ...

If you want to post to a group but do not have news access, MAIL your
article to:

		newsgroup-name@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

pay particular attention to the -'s.  Replace the .'s in the newsgroup name
with -'s.  For example, if you want to sent a letter to comp.sys.amiga.games
mail your article to:

		comp-sys-amiga-games@ucbvax.berkeley.edu

If you look at the origin of my message,  you will see that is the way this
article was posted :).  There are other sites that are mail gateways to the
news groups.  I have a list somewhere.  If there is enough interest (EMAIL
replies only :) I will either mail it out to those who request it or ftp it to
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov.

>Paolo V. Troia                          w_troia@upr1.upr.clu.edu
>University of Puerto Rico               Phone: (809)834-3405

William Jordan

jordan@charlie.ece.scarolina.edu      alias MUSHROOM

They keep me in the dark and feed me bullsh*t.