[comp.sys.amiga] Kickstart 2.02 - confused? So are they.

scott@stsci.EDU (Jim Scott) (10/30/90)

I recently posted a message about how I am unable to get
Kickstart 2.02 in my area.  Recall, I got in touch with
about five dealers and not one of them had a clue.

Well, today I called C= Customer Support.

The wowan there claimed Kickstart 2.02 HAS NOT BEEN
OFFICIALLY released except to developers and beta types.

Yes.  I prodded her.  KICKSTART not WB?  She put me on
hold and came back.  Yes she was SURE.  Kickstart 2.02
is not released.  I told her that USENet had articles
to the contrary, and that I have recieved personal mail
(some from C= ) saying my dealers should give it out and
or have it soon.

What's the scoop?  What's all the confusion?  WHY DOES
BALTIMORE NOT HAVE 2.02 when everyone else seems to have it.
What's the Customer Support's problem?

I'm willing to send a blank disk (two?) to whoever got 2.02
and would be kind enough to dup it.  I am really
tired of the CR*P.

Thanks,
Jim

PS...still no Amigavision yet.... 46 weeks was right after all.

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) (11/01/90)

In article <1952@nemesis.stsci.edu> scott@stsci.EDU (Jim Scott) writes:

>Well, today I called C= Customer Support.

Customer Support now definitely knows about 2.02.  If you get a different
answer, I want to hear about it.

All dealers in the U.S.A. have been sent the A3000 Update Disk.  If your
dealer is missing a copy, your dealer can contact Commodore and get a
replacement.

--
|\_/|  . "ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!"  "Lawyers: America's untapped export market."
{X o} .     Bryce Nesbitt, Operating Systems Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (11/05/90)

I don't know about Baltimore, but I just got back from Amazing Computers in
San Antonio, TX with v2.02 of KickStart...no problems.

The local dealer has had it for about two weeks now, but I never picked it up
because I didn't want to have to reinstall all my software.  But with the 2.02
update, you just click on an icon and it does all the copying for you, and
makes a few changes to your startup-sequence (setpatch) and that's it.  Only
takes a minute or two and you're back up and running.

Sean
  UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc       | B^) VISION  GRAPHICS B^)
  ARPA: !crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc@nosc.mil |     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  INET: seanc@pro-party.cts.com                | Dual A3000 based, custom
                                Help keep the  |    computer graphics,
  RealWorld: Sean Cunningham    competition // | animation, presentation,
      Voice: (512) 992-2810         under \X/  |  simulation,  accident-
                                               |  scene re-creation, and
  "Does anyone remember laughter?" Robert Plant|   recreation...(whew!)