[comp.sys.amiga] Turbo-Bridgeboards's

npd@doc.ic.ac.uk (Niall P Davis) (11/02/90)

> In Article 52481 of comp.sys.amiga:
> Sender: mmdf@ee.udel.edu writes:

>     Just out of curiosity, has anyone out there been able to install an
>accelerator on a bridgeboard? If so, what was the product used? With the
>prices of 386-based systems coming down, it seems to me the bridgeboards
>are looking quite a bit overpriced (ie. $1000+ for an 8Mhz 80286 with
>CGA...). Since I've heard they are very compatible perhaps it's possible to
>accelerate them using some of the accelaerators available for true
>compatibles (eg. Intel AboveBoards and others)...

	In Germany there are several companies selling kits to upgrade the
 A2286 bridgeboard. The one that comes to mind immediatly is Xpert. The kit
 to do it cost somewhere in the region of DM600 (Correct me if Im wrong) and
 Xpert would takeover the modification for a nominal fee. Maybe someone in
 germany at the moment knows more about this and the address of Xpert.

>Paolo V. Troia                          w_troia@upr1.upr.clu.edu
>University of Puerto Rico               Phone: (809)834-3405

 All the best,
 	***Niall.

   AMIGA// There 	*      Niall Davis	  *	Amiga
       // Can be	*  npd@doc.ic.ac.uk	  *
   \\ // only 1!	* Department of Computing *      ... A way of Life
    \X/			* IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON *

wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org (Walter Mildenberger) (11/06/90)

In article <2427@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk>, Niall P Davis writes:

>> In Article 52481 of comp.sys.amiga:
>> Sender: mmdf@ee.udel.edu writes:
>
>>     Just out of curiosity, has anyone out there been able to install an
>>accelerator on a bridgeboard? If so, what was the product used? With the
>>prices of 386-based systems coming down, it seems to me the bridgeboards
>>are looking quite a bit overpriced (ie. $1000+ for an 8Mhz 80286 with
>>CGA...). Since I've heard they are very compatible perhaps it's possible to
>>accelerate them using some of the accelaerators available for true
>>compatibles (eg. Intel AboveBoards and others)...
>
>	In Germany there are several companies selling kits to upgrade the
> A2286 bridgeboard. The one that comes to mind immediatly is Xpert. The kit
> to do it cost somewhere in the region of DM600 (Correct me if Im wrong) and
> Xpert would takeover the modification for a nominal fee. Maybe someone in
> germany at the moment knows more about this and the address of Xpert.

Well, here are some:
	Last Information I got from them (well, it is at least 2 months
ago, so the informations might be outdated):
- A NEW PC/XT-Card with 12MHz (almost 3 times faster then the original
	one) : 1198,-  DM	(~$800,- )
- Upgrade from the original C= ' PC/XT-Card (A2088) DM 349,- (~$230,- )
- Upgrade from the old "speed-up" Card (8MHz) DM 198,- (~ $130,- )
- They also have a speed-up AT-Board ( 12MHz if I remember right), but
  dunno 'bout prices.

There is another company called "Rossmvller" (Rossmo"ller) selling a
386-AddOn-Board for the Bridgeboards : DM 1298,- (~ $870,- ) .

Still to expensive, but the bridgeboards were expensive at that time they
came out...

It was EVER expensive to have a special taste ;-)

Regards
---
Walter Mildenberger, Morgenstr. 55, W-7500 Karlsruhe 1, FRG
SubNet: wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org ****** Voice: +49 721 385090
BitNet: 2 b announced soon * Discl.: none, I speak 4 myself