[comp.sys.amiga] Curses, Aztec 5.0d possible bug, general stuff...

mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) (11/03/90)

Yo.
I recently got an Amiga 3000, and with it Aztec 5.0d. (I think that's the
right version...) Does anyone know of explanations for the following weird
things?:
  1] abs() seems to consistently return zero, but only when I have a lot of
      amiga header files...
  2] stdlib.h conflicts with some of the other header files, which shouldn't
      happen...

On another line entirely: does anyone know of a port of curses/termcap to
the amiga, or do I have to do this myself? If I do do it, is anyone
interested in a copy? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? ;-)

Oh, well. I guess I should get back to work ;-)
--SeebS--
Prophet in Exile

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (11/05/90)

In article <2633@ux.acs.umn.edu>, mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) writes:

> On another line entirely: does anyone know of a port of curses/termcap to
> the amiga, or do I have to do this myself? If I do do it, is anyone
> interested in a copy? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? ;-)
>
> --SeebS--

There is apparently two versions available on the 'new xanth' (abcfd20.larc.
nasa.gov - 128.155.23.64).  A version 1.0 is available in 'usenet/comp.
binaries.amiga/volume90/unix' and what is probably a newer version in 'amiga/
incoming'. I found these in a listing I saved from about 10 days ago, should
be still there.

---Mike,

--
 --------       o       A herd of bagels      | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 |      |  --  oo o o   escaping from a deli. | DLA Systems Automation Center
 |      |  -- ooo oo    Looking for Lox in    | Cols, Ohio mfigg@dsac.dla.mil
 --------      o o      all the wrong places  | CIS: 73777,360

peter@dbaccess.com (Peter A. Castro) (11/06/90)

in article <2633@ux.acs.umn.edu>, mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) says:
+
+
+ Yo.
+ I recently got an Amiga 3000, and with it Aztec 5.0d. (I think that's the
+ right version...) Does anyone know of explanations for the following weird
+ things?:
+   1] abs() seems to consistently return zero, but only when I have a lot of
+       amiga header files...

   I, too, have Aztec 5.0d, but I've got an A1000.  I don't experience this
   problem.  When you installed your libraries & things, doe you choose a
   default of 16 or 32 bits?  This can make a difference.  Try casting the
   values you pass to abs() to short and long and see if theres and difference.

+   2] stdlib.h conflicts with some of the other header files, which shouldn't
+       happen...

    This is interesting.  Could you list the other headers it conflicts with,
    and which definitions conflict?  I had a similar problem with the
    definition of ConsoleDevice.
+
+ On another line entirely: does anyone know of a port of curses/termcap to
+ the amiga, or do I have to do this myself? If I do do it, is anyone
+ interested in a copy? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? ;-)

  Aztec does include a Screen library and calls (s.lib)... One thing that
  kind of annoyed me about Aztec 5.0d (I had 3.6a and upgraded) is that the
  new manual (which is very thick) refers to things that are only in the
  old manual.  Did you get 5.0d new, or upgraded from a previous version?

+
+ Oh, well. I guess I should get back to work ;-)
+ --SeebS--
+ Prophet in Exile
--
Peter A. Castro                   INTERNET: peter@dbaccess.com        // //|
c/o DB Access Inc.                UUCP: {uunet,mips}!troi!peter      // //||