[comp.sys.amiga] Aquarium Data to 390 - a problem

ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (11/04/90)

	The Aquarium data (up to disk 390) on abcfd20 is possibly corrupt. I
thought it was just my noisy phone line, but after testing it's integrity on
the unix system (using the 'lharc t file.lzh' option) it says there is a bad
CRC code in the main 'data' file.

	So could the person who puts this data there try to replace it with
a non-corrupt version? Or point out where I've gone wrong it ftp'ing it? Yes,
I DID set the file type as binary before anybody asks that.

					Ian

Ian Rowlands                     | Uni : ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, |     OR munnari!mullian!ianr@uunet.uu.net
 (including Computer Science)    | Home : ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au (soon)
University of Melbourne          |     OR labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr@munnari.oz.au

thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Anthony Thyssen) (11/05/90)

ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:

>	The Aquarium data (up to disk 390) on abcfd20 is possibly corrupt. I
>thought it was just my noisy phone line, but after testing it's integrity on
>the unix system (using the 'lharc t file.lzh' option) it says there is a bad
>CRC code in the main 'data' file.

>	So could the person who puts this data there try to replace it with
>a non-corrupt version? Or point out where I've gone wrong it ftp'ing it? Yes,
>I DID set the file type as binary before anybody asks that.
>					Ian

   I agree -- I ftp/downloaded it twice,  both times it went bad in
the data file. -- remove it or replace it just don't leave it.

  Anthony Thyssen - (Dragon Computing!)         thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
         "I think, therefore I am." - Descartes
         "I know you are, but what am I?" - Pee Wee Herman
         "I think not, therefore I am not." - unknowen
         "I thought I think I was. Am I?" - W. Reynolds (J)

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (11/06/90)

In article <5928@munnari.oz.au> ianr@felix.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:

>	The Aquarium data (up to disk 390) on abcfd20 is possibly corrupt.

I have been made aware of the problem (thank you all) and apologize for the
inconvenience.  All last week I was having major trouble connecting to
abcfd20 and when I did manage to transfer the whole file, things apparently
were still not right.

A new version will be transferred tonight some time.  I will do my utmost to
verify its integrity once it is uploaded.  A super-short-mini-announcement(tm)
will signal success (hopefully tonight, too).

 ._.  Udo Schuermann                   "WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."
 ( )  walrus@cscwam.umd.edu                                       -- THHGTTG

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (11/06/90)

fixed:  /incoming/amiga/AquariumData-390.lzh  on  abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov