[comp.sys.amiga] A2320

dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dan Cogswell) (10/25/90)

In article <15369@cbmvax.commodore.com> hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:

>The A2320 is available from Commodore at a suggested list price of $299
>as opposed to the MicroWay Flickerfixer which is listing for $499.

Okay, I want one, have the money and a finger (to dial a phone), so what
department do I call at Commodore??  Is it REALLY available _now_??

--
Dan Cogswell                         | You can shoot me now,
INET: dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu  |       or wait till you get home.

yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) (10/25/90)

+
+>The A2320 is available from Commodore at a suggested list price of $299
+>as opposed to the MicroWay Flickerfixer which is listing for $499.

Hasn't MicroWay lowered their list to ~$399?  At any rate, a decent street
price for the flickerFixer seems to be ~$375 these days.

+Okay, I want one, have the money and a finger (to dial a phone), so what
+department do I call at Commodore??  Is it REALLY available _now_??

Well, my local dealer has 6 on order, and expects them soon (I guess, er, the
rumor has been verified :-).  Check you closest dealer.  If you don't have a
closest dealer, I'd try one of the better mail order places (I've had good
luck with Computability...please, let's not discuss this again), or I even
suppose you could get Doug to send one to you (he's my dealer).  I'll send
you the phone # if nothing else pans out.

+>Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

Is Scott the one that designed the A2320?  Thanks then, Scott.

+Dan Cogswell                         | You can shoot me now,

  -ken
--
     Ken Yarnall                 ///   yarnall@usceast.cs.scarolina.EDU
      Math Department, USC   \\\///   yarnall@ucseast.UUCP

yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) (10/29/90)

Here's another one for you, Scott. :+)

Is the A2320 compatible with MicroWay's DEB?  This would probably be nice,
for people who want to make other use of the video slot.

Of course, I'm still a little fuzzy about how the 2320 interacts with video
slot hardware.  You seem to have said that it will operate with an external
genlock -- but what about some board that wants to live in the video slot?

  -ken
--

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (10/30/90)

In article <1990Oct29.025707.6667@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu> yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) writes:

>Here's another one for you, Scott. :+)
>
>Is the A2320 compatible with MicroWay's DEB?  This would probably be nice,
>for people who want to make other use of the video slot.
>
>Of course, I'm still a little fuzzy about how the 2320 interacts with video
>slot hardware.  You seem to have said that it will operate with an external
>genlock -- but what about some board that wants to live in the video slot?
>
>  -ken
>--
>     Ken Yarnall                 ///   yarnall@usceast.cs.scarolina.EDU
>      Math Department, USC   \\\///   yarnall@ucseast.UUCP
>       Columbia, S.C. 29208   \\\/   (803)777-5218
>    `You'd better tie me up.' -- from the movie, "Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down"

Ken

The A2320 probably will work with the MicroWay DEB (TM) but I would
check it out at the dealer first.  I have not seen this monster so I
can't comment about if it will work or not.  The A2320 fits in the video
slot itself and you cannot plug an another video slot device, such as
the A2300 genlock, etc. into this slot because the A2320 is already
there!  I hope this helps..

Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"

mrush@ecst.csuchico.edu (Matt "C P." Rush) (10/30/90)

In article <15455@cbmvax.commodore.com> hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:

>The A2320 probably will work with the MicroWay DEB (TM) but I would
>check it out at the dealer first.  I have not seen this monster so I
>can't comment about if it will work or not.  The A2320 fits in the video
>slot itself and you cannot plug an another video slot device, such as
>the A2300 genlock, etc. into this slot because the A2320 is already
>there!  I hope this helps..

	WHAT?!?  No Video-Slot PASS-THROUGH?  Geez!  Now I wish I had bought
C-64 instead...              :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

	-- Matt

tensi@informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Tensi) (10/31/90)

Hi,

does the A2320 deinterlacer work in the AMIGA 2000A model (the old one from
Germany...) ?

                            Thomas Tensi

Thomas Tensi, Institut fuer Informatik, Technische Univ. Muenchen,
Arcisstr. 21, 8000 Muenchen 2, Germany

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (11/03/90)

In article <5212@tuminfo1.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> tensi@informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Thomas Tensi) writes:
>Hi,
>
>does the A2320 deinterlacer work in the AMIGA 2000A model (the old one from
>Germany...) ?
>

>                            Thomas Tensi

>Thomas Tensi, Institut fuer Informatik, Technische Univ. Muenchen,
>Arcisstr. 21, 8000 Muenchen 2, Germany
>        | E-Mail:
>        | tensi@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de                (X.400)
>        | tensi%lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@relay.cs.net   (arpa/csnet)
>        | tensi%lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@unido.uucp     (uucp)
>        | tensi%lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@ddoinf6.bitnet (bitnet)

I am sorry but no the A2320 does not work with the older A2000A Amiga
models.  I hope that this helps!

Scott Hood
0

ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi (11/03/90)

In article <15555@cbmvax.commodore.com>, hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:

> I am sorry but no the A2320 does not work with the older A2000A Amiga
> models.  I hope that this helps!

Does it work with the older B2000 motherboard revisions (4.1 etc) ???

> Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
>    {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
>   "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"

  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
                   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
                   Fax +358-0-4735426

                   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (11/05/90)

In article <3880.2732b4d7@cc.helsinki.fi> ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
>In article <15555@cbmvax.commodore.com>, hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:
>>
>> I am sorry but no the A2320 does not work with the older A2000A Amiga
>> models.  I hope that this helps!
>

>Does it work with the older B2000 motherboard revisions (4.1 etc) ???
>

>> Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
>>    {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
>>   "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"

>  Reijo Ronkko     University of Helsinki, Dept. of General Microbiology,
>                   Mannerheimintie 172, 00300 Helsinki, FINLAND
>                   Fax +358-0-4735426
>
>                   Ronkko@cc.helsinki.fi

Yes, the A2320 does work with all B2000 Amigas.  The reason the A2320
does not work with the older 2000A (German model) was that it did not
contain the complete video slot we all know and love today (it had only
one of the two 36-pin connectors).  Commodore only sold a small number
of this very early design and replaced it with the much better B2000
design.  I hope this helps!

Enjoy,
Scott Hood

bernie@DIALix.oz.au (Bernd Felsche) (11/06/90)

In <15593@cbmvax.commodore.com> hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:
>Yes, the A2320 does work with all B2000 Amigas.  The reason the A2320
>does not work with the older 2000A (German model) was that it did not
>contain the complete video slot we all know and love today (it had only
>one of the two 36-pin connectors).  Commodore only sold a small number
>of this very early design and replaced it with the much better B2000
Mine hasn't been replaced :-(  I must have been out when the man
from Commodore dropped by to replace it. ;-)  Please have your chap
send me e-mail regarding dates when he next does a round. :-) :-)

--
 ________Bernd_Felsche__________bernie@DIALix.oz.au_____________
[ Phone: +61 9 419 2297		19 Coleman Road			]