[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga vs IBM in the Business world

ntm1477@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil (Jared McNeal) (11/06/90)

     What benefits will i gain by using the Amiga instead of a Z-248(IBM)

or along with a Z-248 and a 3b2 unix system.

We use the Z-248 for office automation and reports.
The reports contain charts and graphs.  If i can all ready do this with the
Z-248 and Unix how will the Amiga help or do better(i don't mean using the
bridge card.  Just the Amiga side).
example:
       1.  Are the graphs better(screen output).
       2.  If i create an animation how much more equiptment and software will
	   it cost me.
       3.  How can the Amiga Help in the Goverment compared to what we have.
	   a.  Unix(3b2,  Gould,386) IBM mainframe all on a LAN.
If you were to try to sell an Amiga to me what would you say to the above ?

		Thank you
		Jared A McNeal
If you were to try to sell an Amiga to me what would you say to the above ?

		Thank you
		Jared A McNeal
P.S  If you have a video showing the Amiga in A BUSINESS PLACE please send
     it and i put it in with my request.
     **** PLEASE SEND E-MAIL ****

From dsac!MAILER-DAEMON Fri Nov  2 11:03:12 1990
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 90 10:06:31 -0500
From: dsac!MAILER-DAEMON (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown
To: ntm1477@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil

554 bpa!cbmvax.commodore.com... 550 Host unknown (Authoritative answer from name server)

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (11/07/90)

In article <2687@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil>, ntm1477@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil (Jared McNeal) writes:

>      What benefits will i gain by using the Amiga instead of a Z-248(IBM)
                                                                    ^^^^^^^^^
                                                               actually Zenith

> or along with a Z-248 and a 3b2 unix system.

      How about XWindows (with the 3B2) and a bridgeboard, both on an A3000,
      to get the best of three worlds.

> 		Jared A McNeal

---Mike,

--