[comp.sys.amiga] comp.sys.amiga.next - just say NO

martin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Martin Hunt) (11/07/90)

In article <1990Nov5.211447.17590@cbnewsl.att.com> coco@cbnewsl.att.com (felix.a.lugo) writes:

>	I'm having a ball!!!  I've never had so much bundled software that's
>	actually better than anything I ever owned on the Amiga (except games
>	of course!!!)  More professional too!  Show me Mathematica for the
>	Amiga ...

Well, there is Maple, which many people think is much better.

>	Oh!  and I've got BSD 4.3 also!

I think there's a cure for that.  Oh wait, you've got a BSD
variant with a Mach kernel.  Sounds fatal for sure...

Seriously, if you are a hacker who happens to think that BSD is a useful
OS, then the NeXT may be for you.  Its a great attempt to make Unix
useful for more people and the price is now finally reasonable.
Personally, I find it to be extremely frustrating to use.

Can we stop all the bit-by-bit comparisons now?  Both machines are
much more innovative than the norm and there is a need for both
in the world.

>	Felix A. Lugo
>	coco@ihlpb.att.com

Martin Hunt                     martin@cbmvax.commodore.com
Network Engineer                {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!martin
Commodore-Amiga    "Yeah it is really fast, but is it Yugo compatible?"