[comp.sys.amiga] word processors -- which one?

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) (11/09/90)

I'd have to cast my vote for Excellence! version 2.0.  I purchased it last
week and love it!  Being a fairly busy college student, I've produced two
papers and written several letters on it thus far, and it's performed admirably.

It has all the features you listed as your requirements, plus more.  The
latest versions of AmigaWorld and Amazing both have reviews of Excellence!
Next to Word on the Macintosh, it's the easiest-to-use word processor I've ever
run across.  If you have any specific questions I might be able to answer,
send email and I'll either answer you, or paraphrase an applicable manual
entry.

-- Frank McPherson                INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --
-- "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."  K.V. --

birjt@cc.nu.oz.au (11/09/90)

In article <9011081731.AA104602@vttcf.cc.vt.edu>, fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) writes:
> I'd have to cast my vote for Excellence! version 2.0.  I purchased it last
Ditto.
> It has all the features you listed as your requirements, plus more.  The
> latest versions of AmigaWorld and Amazing both have reviews of Excellence!
> Next to Word on the Macintosh, it's the easiest-to-use word processor I've ever
> run across.  If you have any specific questions I might be able to answer,
> send email and I'll either answer you, or paraphrase an applicable manual
> entry.
>
> -- Frank McPherson                INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --
> -- "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."  K.V. --

Hello all,
          While you, anybody on the net that is, is in the mood for answering
questions maybe you can help me with this one?
          When I want to print a document as a postscript file I do all the
right things and get a file on disk. Good so far, the trouble is that when
I print it on the postscript printer at work can't get any of the fonts to
come out as proportional. This used to work on the old version (V1.14) but
it has got me beat on V2.0, I get the feeling I'm doing some little thing
wrong, but I've exhausted my imagination so its time to resort to the
net-knowledge.
                         Thanks,
                                   Russell
                                     BIRJT@cc.nu.oz.au