[comp.sys.amiga] MAPLE V *will* support a math coprocessor

baker@wbc.enet.dec.com (11/09/90)

-Message-Text-Follows-

	Good news !!!!  I was concerned about the posting which claimed
	that MAPLE V wouldn't be supporting a math coprocessor for the
	Amiga, so I wrote a note to Joyce Brennan expressing my concern.
	Here is her reply.

	Art Baker

--------------------------------<cut here>----------------------------------

My mistake.  I had no idea that my response was going to be re-posted
to a newsgroup, and I obviously should have checked with the
programmer responsible for this port before responding.

In the meantime I have learned that Maple V for the Amiga will in fact
support the 68881 math coprocessor.  My apologies for the incorrect
response.

I would really appreciate if you would arrange to post this
correction.

Thanks for your assistance, and once again my humble apologies.

               Joyce Brennan, Distribution Manager
    |\^/|      Waterloo Maple Software
._|\|   |/|_.  160 Columbia St. West
 \  MAPLE  /   Waterloo, Ontario
 <____ ____>   CANADA  N2L 3L3
      |        Tel:  (519) 747-2373		wmsi@daisy.waterloo.edu
               Fax:  (519) 747-5284 		wmsi@daisy.uwaterloo.ca

-------
We have a programmer who is currently working on porting Maple V, our
newest software release, to the Amiga.  This version of Maple features
3-D graphics and several other user interface enhancements.  Maple V
is expected to be released on the Amiga platform in the first quarter
of 1991.

Here is the latest report from our technical department:

The kernel of Maple is finished.  The projected user interface would
be very similar to the X Maple. In fact, our idea is to copy the X
Maple features into the Amiga machine. This will be finalized
once I receive and read through all the manuals.

Maple V for the Amiga will also support the 68881 math coprocessor.
For the graphics part, we will have both POSTSCRIPT and the IFF format.

% ====== Internet headers and postmarks (see DECWRL::GATEWAY.DOC) ======
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 90 15:57:47 GMT
From: Joyce Brennan <jbrennan@daisy.waterloo.edu>
To: wbc::baker
Subject: Re:  MAPLE for the Amiga...
Cc: jbrennan@daisy.waterloo.edu

slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu (lassini stefano) (11/10/90)

This makes me feel better... I think I'm gonna buy it!

			    Stefano Lassini
			    slassini@convex.cl.msu.edu