[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 and disk optimizers

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (11/08/90)

I've had several replies as to the fitness of B.A.D. as a disk optimizer for
the amiga 3000.  I've had three votes of confidence and one person who didn't
like it at all.  Donald Burnett informed me that it caused errors on his hard
disk when he used it, and the only way he was able to get rid of those erros
was by low-level formatting his drive.  (Donald Burnett -- I've got more
questions for you about Movie.  My mailer can't figure out a valid address for
you, so help me out if you can and send me a valid internet address.  thanks)
Anyone else have any comments on this issue?  I know that's only one person
out of four who's had problems, but that's still 25 %.

-- Frank McPherson                INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --
-- "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."  K.V. --

daveh@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dave Haynie) writes:

>In article <3418@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:

>>[If you all really want an Amiga 4000 to appear on the market, get together
>>and buy me an Amiga 3500 when it comes out. I can almost gaurantee that the
>>4000 will be out in 6 months after that! :-) ]

>It is, naturally, a fact of the business that most companies introduce a new
>system every 1.5-3 years or so.  For instance, the Amiga line:

>So it's real likely, based on history, that there will be a new Amiga
>system or two introduced in the next year or two.

Gee, *THANKS* Dave. I almost had a free Amiga 3500 till you had to post
this. Thanks again. Thanks alot. sheesh.

[Don't believe him people. What he says is not true. *I* am the real reason
new computers get released and older ones wallow in the dank gloom of
obscurity. If you want a 4000 to come out, get together and buy me a 3500,
Spark's Law says that it will be superceded by something newer within 6 months]

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,