[comp.sys.amiga] Where can I get Carrier Command?

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/02/90)

It's out of print; MicroProse owns it now, but it's only available for the
MS/DOS machines. (I understand that version is somewhat enhanced over the
Amiga version, too...:-(  ). All I can suggest is that you call MicroProse
and complain at 'em, or keep looking for a used copy. It's a ***** game!
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/03/90)

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

> It's out of print; MicroProse owns it now, but it's only available for the
> MS/DOS machines. (I understand that version is somewhat enhanced over the
> Amiga version, too...:-(  ). All I can suggest is that you call MicroProse
> and complain at 'em, or keep looking for a used copy. It's a ***** game!
>                                                 --Rick Wrigley
>                                                 fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

What do you mean out for MS-DOS machines only? MicroProse produces all
versions, and I've played the Amiga version and it was cool.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

ring@cie.uoregon.edu (Randy Ingram) (11/04/90)

In article <2N61R4w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>
>> It's out of print; MicroProse owns it now, but it's only available for the
>> MS/DOS machines. (I understand that version is somewhat enhanced over the
>> Amiga version, too...:-(  ). All I can suggest is that you call MicroProse
>> and complain at 'em, or keep looking for a used copy. It's a ***** game!
>>                                                 --Rick Wrigley
>>                                                 fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
>
>What do you mean out for MS-DOS machines only? MicroProse produces all
>versions, and I've played the Amiga version and it was cool.

I got my copy from Software Support International.  They have a USED copy
listed in their latest catalogue.  They have ads in most of the major
Amiga magazines.  I'd post the phone number, but I don't know if that's
kosher here.  Send me mail if you want it... or look inna magazine.  I'm
very satisfied with their service.

You could also try all the "800" order numbers to see who may have a copy.
Safe Harbor in Wisconsin is usually pretty good about tracking old stuff
down.

jonc@uts.amdahl.com (Jonathan Chang) (11/10/90)

I have a copy of Carrier Command to sell.

Reply email to jonc@uts.amdahl.com if the
original poster is still looking.

 - jsc -