[comp.sys.amiga] A1500 announced in UK

	According to NewsBytes, Commodore UK will announce the
A1500 next week. It is an A2000 with a second disk drive and will
sell for #1000. That will come bundled with software, and
according to rumor with a PC emulator.
	There is no word whether any other countries will have
the A1500. Reasons may be that other countries are planning on
making their own versions.
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

GorbachevAwards++;
free (SovietUnion);
IndependentRepublics += 15;

db@cs.ed.ac.uk (Dave Berry) (11/10/90)

In article <1990Nov8.085130.6299@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	According to NewsBytes, Commodore UK will announce the A1500 next week.

They've already advertised it in the December issue of Amiga Format.

>It will sell for #1000.

PLUS VAT.  This isn't how Amiga prices are usually advertised (though it is
common for PC's, etc.)

>That will come bundled with software, and
>according to rumor with a PC emulator.

Amiga Works Platinum, Dpaint 3, Populous & Sim City & expansions, Their
Finest hour.  I don't recall seeing any mention of a PC emulator.

--
 Dave Berry, LFCS, Edinburgh Uni.      db%lfcs.ed.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

 "Dumping 33546240 bytes to dev 0x70e0100, offset 124968.
 Don't cycle power ..."

tinyguy@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Yeo-Hoon BAE) (11/11/90)

Could someone in GB tell me what is the spec for this machine???

* Yeo-Hoon Bae                                             *  Amiga   /// *
* Dept. Computer Science, McGill University.               *   2000  ///  *
* tinyguy@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca, tinyguy@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca *     \\\///   *
* Amiga2000 + 3MB + 104MB HD + KX-P1124 + Mit. DiamondScan *      \XX/    *