[comp.sys.amiga] med210...Will it ever work?

graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) (11/10/90)

Well, I was very excited when I noticed that someone had recently
uploaded med210 compressed under lharc to abcfd20.

Much to my dismay, I downloaded it and attempted to unlharc it, only
to find that it (med210.lzh) too has every single file corrupted!

The only thing I can figure is that there must be a conspiracy to
prevent anyone from getting a real, working version from abcfd20.

:-)

Seriously, why is this particular program so elusive?

-> ->Disclaimer: I'm not ashamed of what I say. <- <-
     Sorry if the above disclaimer is too long.
| Internet: graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu                  |
| UUCP:     dolmen!graham@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu             |
| FIDO:     Soon!                                          |
| BBS:      The PORTAL DOLMEN, (812) 334-0418, 24hrs.      |
|__________________________________________________________|

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) (11/11/90)

The executable of MED is PowerPacked or something like that... but why would
the compressors choke on it?  What likely happened is someone downloaded the
*lhwarped* file, de-warped it, and then lharced it all up without checking to
see if the MED2.10 program was ok.  Anyway, there was a copy of the MED
executable program at abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov:incoming/amiga/MED210.EXE
That is the file I got to work...the rest of the files (sans icons) I obtained
from that crummy MED210.LHW file.  I had to make my own icons for the program.

Keep trying... MED2.10 is pretty awesome.

| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
| COOL DRIVING TECHNIQUE #23: Drive without brake lights.                   |
| (Light deactivation method is unimportant; just try to appear oblivious.) |

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (11/11/90)

Does MED2.10 work on AmigaDOS 2.0?  I tried to change all the references to ciaa.resource
in MED2.00 to ciab.resource using Newzap, but it didn't work.
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (11/11/90)

In article <7691@cica.cica.indiana.edu>, graham@venus.iucf.indiana.edu (JIM GRAHAM) writes:
> Well, I was very excited when I noticed that someone had recently
> uploaded med210 compressed under lharc to abcfd20.
>
> Much to my dismay, I downloaded it and attempted to unlharc it, only
> to find that it (med210.lzh) too has every single file corrupted!
>
> The only thing I can figure is that there must be a conspiracy to
> prevent anyone from getting a real, working version from abcfd20.
>
> :-)
>
> Seriously, why is this particular program so elusive?

I d/loaded the .wrp version and the extra file med210.exe.  If you replace
the med2.10 file in the .wrp with the med210.exe it should work. (That's
what I did and mine works fine.) Though I think you have to use the
Protect command on it (I think it was only set for rw and not rwed)

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu