[comp.sys.amiga] Postmaster, Oh Pooooooostmaaaaaaasteeeer.

hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) (11/07/90)

  Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com Writes:
> How many think we should write to the postmaster of Marc's and his twin
> brother Felix's system and voice our dis-pleasure with their
> disruptions?

  That is an excellent idea.  Please tell me how and where to send the message
and I will send a letter to both Marc Barrett and Felix Lugo's postmaster.

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (11/08/90)

In article <5486@crash.cts.com>, hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) says:

>  Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com Writes:
>> How many think we should write to the postmaster of Marc's and his twin
>> brother Felix's system and voice our dis-pleasure with their
>> disruptions?

>  That is an excellent idea.  Please tell me how and where to send the message
>and I will send a letter to both Marc Barrett and Felix Lugo's postmaster.

Just be advised that this is a violation of some law of other.  What you've
just started doing is conspiring to harass a private citizen.  You can do
that (it's a free country, etc) but be careful you don't conspire to
do it.

Besides.  What'd the poor postmaster ever do to you??

amiga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Paul) (11/08/90)

Mark B. has been alot better in the last few mounts so lets not get down on
him till he starts ranting and raving.

Amiga@walt.utexas.edu	                   .....Paul......

I like boats, they're healthier than valium.
					Cost more tho.

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (11/08/90)

> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> Besides.  What'd the poor postmaster ever do to you??

Well, take the guy off the net...
Ohh, I remember that happening in netcomp.handhelds a little while back...  But
that was for some racist (anti-Jewish) comments.

-------------------
George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (11/08/90)

>Item: 13048 by [John Anderson]
>  Subj: Re: Postmaster, Oh Pooooooostmaaaaaaasteeeer.
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Wed Nov 07 1990 09:40
>  Lines:8
>5486@crash.cts.com
>

>  Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com Writes:
>> How many think we should write to the postmaster of Marc's and his twin
>> brother Felix's system and voice our dis-pleasure with their
>> disruptions?
>
>  That is an excellent idea.  Please tell me how and where to send the message
>and I will send a letter to both Marc Barrett and Felix Lugo's postmaster.

Why don't you grow up?  This place is for the free exchange of Amiga-related
ideas, and if you don't agree with someone, or how they're voicing their
opinions, you have the right to either argue with them or utilize the
features of your newsreader to block their mouthings from your sight (your
site?<grin>).

Mark has as much right to post here as anyone, and he's certainly started a
lot of people thinking about the World Outside as it impacts our babies...

/****************************************************************
 *          All of the above copyright by the below.            *
 *         Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys            *
 *    "A language is a dialect with an army and a navy."        *
 ****************************************************************/

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) (11/08/90)

>>Item: 13048 by [John Anderson]
>>  Subj: Re: Postmaster, Oh Pooooooostmaaaaaaasteeeer.
>>  Keyw:
>>  Date: Wed Nov 07 1990 09:40
>>  Lines:8
>>5486@crash.cts.com
>>

>>  Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com Writes:
>>> How many think we should write to the postmaster of Marc's and his twin
>>> brother Felix's system and voice our dis-pleasure with their
>>> disruptions?
>>
>>  That is an excellent idea.  Please tell me how and where to send the
>message
>>and I will send a letter to both Marc Barrett and Felix Lugo's postmaster.

 Actually, as a postmaster I can tell you I have MUCH better things to do
that worry about if someone is upset at the OPINIONS one of my users has.

 If a user breaks the law, then I need to take action....

 If he breaks MY rules, Ill take action....

 But trust me , just because he upsets some people with his opinion ? That
is what the net is for right ? I mean, you know, like, to talk ?

 Over the past few months I too have had occasion to curse his name .. but
I'll give Marc this ...

  HE HAS A POINT .

  (No matter how often it is repeated ) (grin)

 Seriously , do us all a favor , use a kill file, send him nasty email,
whatever ... but postmasters have better things to do than play "Parental
Guidence"

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]=======
=Also the mantra and spells, the obeah and the wanga; the work of the wand=
=and the work of the sword: these shall he learn and teach.               =
=       He must teach; but he may make severe the ordeals.                =
=========== Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ===================
=    NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either         =
=    Xanadu Enterpises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.          =
=== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(PEP) / 201-759-8568(2400) ====

hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) (11/10/90)

>>  Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com Writes:
>>> How many think we should write to the postmaster of Marc's and his twin
>>> brother Felix's system and voice our dis-pleasure with their
>>> disruptions?
>>
>>  That is an excellent idea.  Please tell me how and where to send the
message
>>and I will send a letter to both Marc Barrett and Felix Lugo's postmaster.
>

>Why don't you grow up?  This place is for the free exchange of Amiga-related
>ideas, and if you don't agree with someone, or how they're voicing their
>opinions, you have the right to either argue with them or utilize the
>features of your newsreader to block their mouthings from your sight (your
>site?<grin>).
>
>Mark has as much right to post here as anyone, and he's certainly started a
>lot of people thinking about the World Outside as it impacts our babies...

  Why doesn't Marc Barrett (Mr. Apple) and Felix Lugo (Mr. NeXT) grow up!
Felix Lugo's posting are blatant attempts at starting "my computer is better
than your computer" wars.  If *YOU* want to engage in that kind of behaviour
then go to alt.religion.  This is an *AMIGA* newsgroup, not a NeXT or Apple
newsgroup.  If anybody with their heads high in the air about Apple or NeXT
come to read this newsgroup, they better be damn sure they are polite.  When I
read the Apple and NeXT newsgroups I know I am in others territory and I don't
step over my bounds.  How *dare* others come in here and bash our computer.
If they want to bash it they stay in their respective group and bash it there;
that's fine, it's *their* group.

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/11/90)

One difference between -MB- and Felix. -MB- still has an Amiga 500.

Joseph Hillenburg, Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group (BAUG)
joseph@valnet.UUCP                         ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
"Only Apple could slow down a 68000 chip." -Computer Shopper

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (11/11/90)

>  Why doesn't Marc Barrett (Mr. Apple) and Felix Lugo (Mr. NeXT) grow up!

   Why "doesn't" they?  (Hmm... we should probably make sure we're speaking
the same language.  Parlez-vous Anglais?)

   "Mr. Apple", actually Mr. Barrett, is an Amiga developer, and is
constantly asking the question, "How can my Amiga be made better?", not
shouting, "My computer's better than yours!"  Mr. Lugo made ONE disruptive
post, which I killed in my newsreader as soon as I saw it.  Except for your
raving, I haven't seen his name on my screen since.

>newsgroup.  If anybody with their heads high in the air about

Um, most bodies that I've seen have one head.

>come to read this newsgroup, they better be damn sure they are polite.  When I

That's, "they'd better be damned sure".

Oh, hell.  I can go on trashing grammar, but it's silly.  Just as silly (to
get to my point) of trashing someone else's right to have opinions.  From MY
point of view, your post is less useful because it's harder to read.  To
each his own.  Mark has the right to complain about all the shortcomings he
perceives, and you have the right not to read them.

'Nuff said.  I'm killing this thread in my newsreader, so if you want me to
see a reply, let's take it to mail.  We've already wasted enough of other
people's time.