[comp.sys.amiga] The comp.sys.amiga split Re: Recent objections to posting on C.S.A.

greer@fmeed1.UUCP (Mike Greer) writes:

> I must disagree with a few of the recent postings regarding the
> quality and contents of c.s.a postings. In particular, the comments
> stating that "For Sale" postings shouldn't be posted in c.s.a. I
> totally disagree. I read the Amiga sections to get Amiga information
> including items for sale. I do not want to wade through non-Amiga
> groups like "comp.misc.sale" or whatever it's called to find out
> what's for sale on my machine of choice. This service is invaluable to
> me. For all of you out there in c.s.a. netland, PLEASE KEEP POSTING
> YOUR ITEMS FOR SALE IN C.S.A.

To help both those who want to read and post "Amiga items for sale"
messages in an Amiga oriented newsgroup, and those who want to avoid
reading them in the course of following other Amiga traffic, the
proposed reorganization of comp.sys.amiga.* will include a
c.s.a.marketplace where vendors, prices, and personal ads will be the
appropriate traffic.  Your support for this proposal is solicited, when
the time comes to vote.

Followups to news.groups.
                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, ongoing comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.