[comp.sys.amiga] Soft-PC on an Amiga: Help

zama@ellis.uchicago.edu (iftikhar uz zaman) (11/07/90)

A few months ago someone mentioned using Soft-PC (a Mac program)
while running AMAX.  I am considering using such a setup but I can't
figure out how the PC disks would be read?  Soft-PC, according to the
manual, can only use the FDHD, the Dayna drives and a few others (not
including the Mac 800K drives).

Can anyone help?

(It would probably be best to use email to respond to this...Thanks)

Iftikhar
--
La yajrimannakum shan'anu qawmin `ala an-ta`dilu; i`dilu huwa aqrubu li
al-taqwa... *ROUGH* rendering: "Let not the enmity of a people incite you

Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com (11/11/90)

Soft-PC requires the Mac II ROMs to work, so it is unusable on an
Amiga emulating a Mac.

gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Gary D Walborn) (11/12/90)

In article <35839@cup.portal.com>, Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com writes:
> Soft-PC requires the Mac II ROMs to work, so it is unusable on an
> Amiga emulating a Mac.

Sorry, but I AM running SoftPC with the AMAX   II.  The SoftPC requires a
68030 but seems to run with the 128K Mac ROMS.  I do have a slight problem
with the keyboard.  I am unable to generate all the control-keys.  I don't
know whether this is a bug, or whether I have just not found the right
keystrokes to use.

Gary Walborn <gwalborn@unix.cis.pitt.edu>