[comp.sys.amiga] CAMM

xwm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Alexei Rodriguez) (11/04/90)

 A few years ago there was an entry into a national Science Fair
and when I went to the exhibits, there was a young lad that had
written a Molecule Modler for the Amiga. This program would display elements
or compounds in 3-d and used dithering for lighting effect. The joystick
was used to rotate the model in realtime along the x-y-z axis. One could
also write script files and describe new models. It was quite a nice
program and I think it was even on GEnie for a while. Now that I have use
for such a thing I can not find it anywhere. Any clues? Also, have there
been any additions to the periodic table program that was available
from Xanth? Thanks....

			Alexei Rodriguez

aoe@hpfcso.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) (11/08/90)

xwm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Alexei Rodriguez) writes:
>  A few years ago there was an entry into a national Science Fair
> and when I went to the exhibits, there was a young lad that had
> written a Molecule Modler for the Amiga.  ...
Is this it?  If so, I've got a copy. (26483 bytes, MicroView.lzh, bin+examples)
----------
                              MicroView
                Three Dimensional Molecular Modeling
                     Version 0.5_   20-Aug-88
                          by Wilson Kwok

Program Distribution, Inquiries, & Support:

This program is freely distributable to anyone, everywhere. Upload it to
your local BBS.  If you find this program useful (or at least interesting)
and have any questions, you can contact me at any of the following BBS's
I'll answer any questions if you need help in creating molecule files, or
want to know how the program works.

                           Wil Kwok

                Elmhurst BBS        Battlefield BBS
                (718) 565-7482      (718) 969-8156
                Both are 300/1200/2400 bps & 24 hrs.

---------
Alexander Elkins (aoe@hpfiaoe)

aoe@hpfcso.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) (11/13/90)

>Is this it?  If so, I've got a copy. (26483 bytes, MicroView.lzh, bin+examples)
>                             MicroView
>               Three Dimensional Molecular Modeling
>                    Version 0.5_   20-Aug-88
>                         by Wilson Kwok

I sent a copy to Tad Guy, and he's been so good as to make it available as
/amiga/applications/microview-0.5.lzh on abdfg20.larc.nasa.gov.

Alexander Elkins (aoe@hpfiaoe.fc.hp.com)