[comp.sys.amiga] Front 242 music

wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) (11/12/90)

For all of you Front 242 fans , on their last Single CD called
"Tragedy >for you<", on the back and at the bottom, there is a list of thanks.
Among one of the thanked people/company, there is you guessed it :
Commodore Belgium .
I love the group, I like the computer, wow think about putting these two
together .... My mind is blown away .

			Walt
			"I cant techno satisfaction ..."

jnmoyne@lbl.gov (Jean-Noel MOYNE) (11/13/90)

In article <13111@chaph.usc.edu> wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) writes:
> For all of you Front 242 fans , on their last Single CD called
> "Tragedy >for you<", on the back and at the bottom, there is a list of
thanks.
> Among one of the thanked people/company, there is you guessed it :
> Commodore Belgium .

      They are effectively using Amigas for MIDI, and for some of the
cover artworks. I've heard that Jean-Michel JARRE also owns an Amiga (but
I don't know if he is using it for music, since for him, money isn't an
issue (i.e. if you gat a couple of fairlights to play with, the amiga
looks really like a toy (-:). I don't know too much about other musicians.

      In Europe, the big thing in music is the Atari ST (puke but true!).
In the states, since the ST in quasi inexistant, it's more Mac oriented
(and since the Macs are cheaper here), but it looks like the Amiga is
getting thru in this area. Especially since musician are working a lot
with 'video' people... and guess what ... the video people are using
_only_ Amigas.

      Anybody knows famous musicians/groups using Amigas ?

         JNM

--
These are my own ideas (not LBL's)
" Just make it!", BO in 'BO knows Unix'